1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Combining images into a single picture

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by gordon31, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gordon31

gordon31

I'm using eCover Creator to create 3 ebooks and some CD covers. I want to group them together into one image or picture.

I guess if I could save the images out of the photorealistic module in png transparent, then I could load them into logo creator and position them to form a single image without the backgrounds being a problem. However, photorealisitic doesn't do that.

I have photoshop elements that can do it, but I find that really hard work. I don't have need it often enough to develop a skill with it.

Any ideas?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Exporting a PNG image from The Web Graphics Creator

Hi Gordon.
    Thanks for the post.

Yes, you can definitely do this.
    Export your 3D eCover as a "PNG" file. You'll find this option when you click on the little camera (export) icon.

If you export the image as a 3D PNG file, you can then bring this into The Art Center (The Logo Creator) section of the software.

Here's an example tutorial.
    http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/Tutorial_AddingText.htm

Marc

3. gordon31

gordon31

Thanks Marc. I've just tried that again. When I save by clicking the camera in photorealistic the only option is jpg. The pull down menu in the tutorial does not appear. I guess I have an early edition of ecover creator. (I have ecover creator, without the art center, and logo creator as separate applications.) The pull down menu with png transparent is just what I need. Is there an upgrade arrangement?

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Gordon.

Yes, when I first launched The Web Graphics Creator (formally known as The eCover Creator) I had a free upgrade promotion.

PM me your eMail address (with a reminder to this thread) and I'll set you up.

Marc

5. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

there is a beta version of the 3-D modul, which can do sort of this in an experimental manner.
    see the following thread:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6767

here's a quote of one of my posts in that thread:

Please try this take:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/tes...ate_071108.zip

Please remember:
    The functionality of more than one model in the scene (by holding the shift key, when choosing a new model) is HIGHLY unsupported! That means, be prepared for funny things to happen, if you do any other thing, than just adding models to the scene in order to print or export them as image. Don't change the textures, if there are more than one model and don't expect "publish" to work correctly.
    This may be polished in upcoming versions of the eCover Creator.