Combining Editions

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by gzusnme, Mar 11, 2005.

1. gzusnme

gzusnme

I had originally purchased Corporate Edition 1, later on I purchased Mascots, after installing Mascots, now I can no longer access the images from Corporate Edition 1. Could anyone give me instructions on how to get the files from Corporate accessible through the newly installed Mascots Edition? I have both emailed and PM'd Marc but have received no reply. Please, if any can help I would greatly appreciate it!

2. KD-did

KD-did

From how I understand your question....... you want to add an image/s from another edition into a project from another addition. Go to "MODIFY" . Then click on add new image element. A blue orb will appear along with a dropdown menu ... an all images in the other set/s should appear. Click on the image you want to use ... and then tell it to use that image and the blue orb will change to that image . If you want to add another image after choosing the image use "add this image"

You should see something like this:

3. gzusnme

gzusnme

Thanks for your reply, I understand how to add elements, but when I go to do that, the elements from my other editions (Corporate) are not there. ( I currently have the Mascots Edition installed) The reverse is also true, if I install the Corporate Edition then when I go to add elements, my mascots images are not there. It's like somehow I need to combine these two editions or somehow import the images in from one to the other edition. It's like it will only recognize one edition or the other but not both together. HELP?!?!

4. KD-did

KD-did

Okay...looks like there maybe an installation error. I am not sure why that would happen but if you uninstall and do a reinstallation the libraries should merge and your start up menu should show all the editions in a single dropdown menu.. just click though the installation process TLC should put it all together in the right folders for you.

The way things are now your computer must be acting oddly ...

5. gzusnme

gzusnme

I have tried that before, but I'll give it another shot. I'll get back to you to let you know if that worked. Thanks for your help!

6. KD-did

KD-did

Things should be fine if you just let it do its own thing and not change the destination directory after the first set is installed..