color to white

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by prototype66, Nov 11, 2008.

1. prototype66

prototype66

When I try to apply color to anything it either doesn't register or won't stay chosen. If it dioes stay it goes right back to white when color window is closed. Undo must be used (sometimes several times) to get the color back.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try hitting enter/return immediately after choosing color and before closing color window as a temporary fix. I strongly suggest uninstalling TLC and doing a fresh install from CD or from a fresh download.

3. prototype66

prototype66

The problem is that even when I choose the color it goes back to white AS I am choosing the color. like it is saying "No, you don't want that color" no matter the color. If I hold the mouse button down constantly , sometimes it changes but then when I let up on the button .....back it goes to white!
    ??????????????????:image10-1:

4. KD-did

KD-did

Place cursor on color choice and hit enter/return. You really are going to need to do a fresh installation.

5. prototype66

prototype66

Ill try it tonight when I am at the computer.
    Can Marc look into it to see if there is a fix also please?

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

are you making sure that your design field isnt behind the color palette, as this will also cause the background color to change to white as well.

7. KD-did

KD-did

I will bring this thread to Marc's attention ASAP, however, it is my belief that the issue you are experiencing is unique to your computer as there hasn't been any other reports of this color issue here in the forum. The behavior to me sounds more like a conflict, a file corruption or your resources are stretched too thin.

Are you experiencing the issue when doing text and images?

8. prototype66

prototype66

not at all. I can bing in any image (thats aloud) or font in my system. It just happens when I try to change the color of letters/ images. I click on the color and it changes for a split second then goes back to white.???
    The computer was completely redone, more mem added and wiped to "new" settings less than 2 months ago then I reinstalled the program.
    I don't know.

9. Wicked

Wicked

Prototype66 I know this is a dated thread but I wanted to ask you something pertaining to this as I have identified a similar problem and work around for it. It only seems to happen to a few people and I think I am on to why. So let me ask you are you still running into this? If you are I am going to guess it is only once an awhile? As well if you can remember or would like to test this for me. Was you using a very large cavas half the size of your desktop or bigger when this occurred? If you can not remember try blowing your canvas size up to near the full size of your desktop and trying working a couple things and see if the problem happens again.

10. prototype66

prototype66

It still happens once in a while but the screen size doesn't matter.....I don't think.
    I will play with it today and see what happens.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Actually it can actually be a hardware issue. All graphic cards are not created equal. Graphic cards have built in limitations or BIOS need firmware updating that no amount of on board memory can compensate for and then there are software conflicts which also add to the mystery of why things happen or more distressing why things don't go as they should .If there are consistent results everytime you use the program on different machines with different software and/or hardware on each it points to a bug in the software if the results are different between different machines then it points more to hardware issues or stretching of resources. It is why some problems are unique to a computer and why problems can't always be duplicated by someone else.