Color Picker

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by The Biz, May 30, 2016.

1. The Biz

The Biz

I would love to see a color picker just like the one in V5. I still use V5 because of the simple way to add or change the color using the built in color picker. With V7, I must open an external color picker, choose the color and type it into the box because paste does not work properly. PLEASE bring back the 'color picker'!!

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. KD-did

KD-did

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. The Biz

The Biz

Yes, I am aware and I use a good one but why not make it easyer by bringing back the great color picker that was in V5. That should be very simple and it worked so well!

6. KD-did

KD-did

I find many more occasions for the need of a color picker than when I am working with the TC/TLC.

snginc likes this.
  7. The Biz

The Biz

I have a great color picker and it comes in handy but the one in V5 was so easy to use. Why can't one added back in the next update to V7? Seems like you are totally against the idea and that puzzles me. I am certainly not trying to be nasty, just wondering. Heck, I LOVE Laughingbird software and just want to see it grow even better.

snginc likes this.
  8. KD-did

KD-did

I agree just pointing out work arounds for those that don't know how to match colors.

snginc likes this.
  9. snginc

snginc

No one is against it. We are simply saying that the option may not be available because V7 is created on a complete different platform than V5. When Marc created version 6 it was on a different platform than V5, if memory serves me correct the platform that was used to create V5 was no longer available or wasnt being updated. That's why V6 is different from V5. V6 and V7 were created using the same platform.

10. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

Could some one tell me how to use the color picker because it sure doesn't work the way i thought it would??

11. KD-did

KD-did

Click on what you want colored.Then start by clicking on the eyedropper . Once you see what color is or choose to color. You may find a free standing color picker more convenient to use to gather a color receipe when not using TC.

gunsmoke and snginc like this.
  12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Like KD says ...

Select the item you want to color on your canvas
    Select 'Color' or 'Image Color' from the options on the left.
    If you are coloring an image, select 'Colorize' from the top
    See the 'Eye Dropper' next to the color bar? Click it to select.
    Then click on any color 'on the canvas' to select that color. No, you cannot select anything outside of your TC canvas!
    After selecting your color, click the eye dropper again to turn off the color picker.

If this doesn't work for you, here are a couple of other options ...
    https://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/color-picker-eyedropper-tool.12364/

KD-did likes this.