collage of logos

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by blackknight, Apr 19, 2005.

1. blackknight

blackknight

So far I have created well over 200 logos, possibly closer to 300.I am having a lot of fun at this and I only have the 1st edition of TLC. I very seldom use the templates anymore as I usually go from scratch. I want to purchase the rest of the sets when I can afford to do so which will be awesome when v.4 comes aboard. I am attempting to attach a collage of logos to this forum and hope the samples show up.
    Blackknight

Attached Files:

2. Shelly

Shelly

Some nice work you have there, welcome to the Addicted lol.

3. blackknight

blackknight

more logo collages

Thank you Shelly. I am learning. My inspiration started off with TLC but now I get inspired from the really great people out there like yourself. I also browse the net for designers and their samples and see if I can duplicate those effects. I have a huge stack of old magazines from Signcraft(WHICH YOU CAN LOCATE ON THE WEB BY TYPING IN SIGNCRAFT MAGAZINE) that starts off in the early 80's and there are awesome designers there showing off their work where you can see all kinds of sign and logo design. You are right Shelly, this is totally addictive and I don't plan on looking for a cure LOL
    Here are a couple more collages. Thanks everyone!
    Blackknight

4. Gravy

Gravy

Kudos BK keep showing us more. You have obvious talent. Thanks for the tip on Signcraft.

5. blackknight

blackknight

I tried to send a couple more collages but they didn't go thru. I need to go in and reset my dpi from 300 to 72 dpi or a little higher so the thread can accept it. I guess the higher number is for print and the lower number is for attachments. Is there anything else I need to do?

6. Gravy

Gravy

I posted a thread in resources for a link to add right click resizing to the context menu makes it very easy to custom resize images. Pc's only I think.

7. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

blackknight, are all your logos on black background, any chance of some white background on your next collage :)

8. blackknight

blackknight

Black Back Ground

No actually most of my work is on a white or lighter background. I included those samples in black because it tends to make a logo stand out more in some cases. I am working on resizing my logos to a lower dpi so that I can post them. Most of my work was done in a higher (300) dpi. More are coming
    blackknight

9. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hey BK,
    Those logos are excellent! Very impressive.

I sent you an eMail yesterderday, did you get it?
    Not sure which eMail address it was sent to, I eMailed you via the forum.

Great job on the logos!

- Marc

10. blackknight

blackknight

More Samples

This is my attempt at more samples if they will come thru. For now on I am going to produce at a lower quality for display purposes. I can always go in and change resolution in my tlc file for print if I need to do so.
    Blackknight

Attached Files:

11. blackknight

blackknight

More Samples

Here Are A Few More. Hope You Don't Get Tired Of Them

Attached Files:

12. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

You have a unique style Blackknight. I like it, it stands out. With the black backgrounds, it has a "las vegas" feel to it.

13. blackknight

blackknight

just having fun

Thank you Borpean, I am just having fun at this. I guess if you enjoy what you are doing you stand a better chance. I just received 2 more sets so I have even more options to choose from. I am partial to black but I have to limit my use of that color so everything doesn't look the same. Question: Has anyone started a business with the use of this software? And if so what is the feedback you get from the business community? It would be nice if there was a thread discussing the business end of things. Just my thoughts. Here are a couple more designs.
    Blackknight
    Thanks for the terrific software Marc!!!

Attached Files:

14. blackknight

blackknight

caught having fun again

here are a few more. In Chilly Willy I used some of the hidden fonts to create the "water" and used it like a mask.
    Blackknight

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
  15. Shelly

Shelly

Love to see the company that would use " Chilly Willy" Haha! :fun fun:

16. blackknight

blackknight

no comment

17. blackknight

blackknight

5 More

heres more. I think I am addicted. I wonder if take 2 pills and call me in the morning advice would work LOL

Attached Files:

• 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    • 31.jpg
      31.jpg
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    • 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
    • 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
  18. MODCreations

MODCreations

First: I would like to say very well done logos and work you are very talented BlackKnight and keep up the great work.

Second: "I have a huge stack of old magazines from Signcraft(WHICH YOU CAN LOCATE ON THE WEB BY TYPING IN SIGNCRAFT MAGAZINE): Yes this magazine is a must I would suggest everyone to get a copy. I have a yearly subscription to it since I'm in both the Silk Screen Printing and Vinyl Lettering business and they are a great trade magazine for the up to the date on the sign/logo scene. :artist:

19. blackknight

blackknight

Reply to FMRP

Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated. I do highly recommend Signcraft Magazine. I have magazines back as far as 1981 to 1996. I read over them everyday and jot down comments and any inspiration I receive from them. I make small sketches(thumbnails) then I go back and see what I can do in TLC. It makes you think and if I see something in my minds eye that I want to achieve I will look at elements at every angle, inside and out until I can achieve what I want. I am thinking of re-subscribing to Signcraft to see what I have been missing over the years. This magazine isn't my only inspiration but it gives me a big advantage and we all could use that. I believe that no matter where anyone of us is right now, there is still room for improvement. My interest in TLC is growing and I don't even concern myself with the "other" program out there. Marc has created a very nice program that is only limited by ones own imagination.
    Here again is the link to Signcraft:http://www.signcraft.com Can't wait for v.4
    Blackknight

Attached Files:

20. blackknight

blackknight

here are some more covers, thanks to my digital camera. I haven't subcribed for awhile but on their website there are plenty of samples and articles on logo design as well as other discussions on Graphics, signs, silkscreening and more. Hope you find this information useful.
    Blackknight :TLC ROCKS

Attached Files: