Cmyk, Dpi...

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Juncal, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juncal

Juncal

Hi everyone!

I read in the forum and over the www about DPI's, colors, type of color and more to understand what it's this all about... in this amazing program (TLC) which I like a lot, there is an option in the export section that says "set to CMYK" (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black... Now I know the meaning :bancha: ) I marked on that option and then export a logo that I made, but I don't see any different in the screen in the logo file; maybe I will notice printing the logo? There is any different for the human eye if I turn off the option? or I did something wrong?

About DPI, if a want to print and image in A4 or A3 size; how many dpi's I should insert in the TLC? I read here that for a personal/business card it's enough 300 dpi's... can anybody suggest how many for A4? a need to make a print a logo for a t-shirt.

Thank you in advance.

Arturo.
    BTW: Happy New Year!

2. D RAT2

D RAT2

True "CMYK" will only make a difference when printing. Most professional printshops use that type of coloring. DPI's - well I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is very difficult to get large sized logos out of TLC. Even though you can change the export DPI setting to just about anything you want, you have to remember, TLC's source images are only 72 - 96 DPI. So no matter what setting you export the final image, your only going to get the DPI of the original source image. Hope that makes sense.

3. Juncal

Juncal

Thank you,

It has sense, and you are right I saw it that DPI number in the original settings. so it depends of the image source, then it would be no problem with fonts, High resolution pictures that I can bring to TLC to put all together, right?

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Right, If you bring something into TLC with a higher DPI then you can export it out at a higher DPI and still keep the sharpness. I use other programs sometimes to design elements and then I bring them into TLC and use them in it.

Juncal did you draw the character in your orb?

5. Juncal

Juncal

Hi Mac,

Thank you for your help, the flash character I found it months ago surfing the web, I have my own but no chance to scan it yet... Hope I can do it soon, I have some good wants.

Arturo.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Kool I hope to see some.

7. Juncal

Juncal

I mean "good ones" (This new keyboard!) Sure, as soon as I can...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.