Clicking tlc file in explorer causes error

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Freebird, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Freebird

Freebird

If I create a logo and then save it, NOT export it but just save it as a .tlc file and then go to Windows explorer and click on the file, it will not open the file. The file association is correct to open with The Logo Creator but I get the following error.

"Can't spawn unlocked child process, error #2. If error persists contact Softwrap support".

Then when I click "OK" I get this error.
    "Can't write to external process memory - error #6. If error persists contact Softwrap support.

Then I click "OK" and the error message goes away but nothing happens.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Only Laughingbird software can open a .tlc file any other program it will cause an error code. For the file to be opened by other programs it must be exported, which is why you see popular choices of file formats.

3. Freebird

Freebird

I understand that. But shouldn't clicking on the .tlc file launch the TLC software?

4. KD-did

KD-did

YES, If you have made sure that the file association is setup correctly.

5. Freebird

Freebird

OK...then we are back to my original post. The file association is set up correctly but I get the errors posted when I click on a file with the .tlc extension.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Please right click on a .tlc file and see what program options your computer shows.

7. Freebird

Freebird

8. KD-did

KD-did

Sounds as if you will have to manually set .tlc files to be opened with TLC by "choosing".

P.S. I have 2 TLC options because I have both the latest TLC and V3.6.1 running separately.

9. Freebird

Freebird

OK, I set it manually and now when I click on a file with the .tlc extension, it does launch the software. But I now get an error in the software that says "Not a TLC Document". These are logos that I created and just saved and the software gave them the .tlc extension. Not files that I exported and renamed or anything like that.

10. KD-did

KD-did

I think a cold reboot is in order, sometime things just run smoother after completely shuting down and the turning it on.

Are you running your computer with a "restore" feature running?

11. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Why not just open up TLC and then open up the file? Why worry about the small things in life, that are sometimes unexplainable?

12. Peart2112

Peart2112

i get the same error