Cleaning/Janitorial Business

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Christy, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christy

Christy

I am posting this for one of my clients. Please see additional information at the end of this request.

Do you own The Logo Creator? I do, and we will creating stationery, envelopes, fax cover letter and newsprint proofs in addition to multiple sizes and formats from the original design so I will want to purchase the original TLC format to keep in this client's file.

Type of design: Logo with option to show web type banner (see below)

Summary: Cleaning company that markets to commercial and residential clients in Jacksonville, FL

Full requirements: He currently this logo that they've been using for some time

[​IMG]

The problem being with this logo its a photograph which makes it more difficult to use for embroidery and screen printing on uniforms and for black and white advertising in newsprint/yellow pages.

My preference would be a 2 to 3 color logo without gradients, shadows, etc.

Keep in mind...if you WANT to show more than one style of the same image ie 'here is your logo and here is how it could look with a reflection, shadows, etc for a website banner' GO FOR IT because it could help 'sell' him on it.

He likes the idea of a 'Roman' theme hence current use of the image with pillars. I think anything that says roman be it a pillars, warrior, helmet, armor, etc would work into the name well. He is very open to ideas for this theme.

Company Name: Roman Enterprises of Northeast Florida (note change of company name from logo above)

Desired tagline: N/A

Color scheme: We will be scheduling a re-design of their website but I prefer to have the logo first and work around that for the color and style. Although the client is open to any color combination I know from working with him previously that he likes white, blacks and shades of blue.

Desired style: Because he is marketing to facilities and and industrial clients a sleek style would be preferred. ie- dressed a notch above those he is selling to.

Notes to designers:
    We ask that this be an original design that the client will own copyright too because of this use of clipart or images that are intellectual property of someone else can not be used.
    If you are creating a logo with a mascot we will need your guarantee in writing that this is an image licensed to you that will has not been sold to or will not be sold to anyone else.

Additional information/follow up:
    I will be meeting with him Thursday AM and at that time will show him any proposed logos. Because this is a regular client I have no doubts that he is serious and will continue communication. I would expect to be able to give designers updates by late Friday of this week. If I'm quiet prior to that I'm not ignoring you :image07: I'm just swamped.

Friendly Reminder (Live and learn--I attended the school of hard knocks once) Make sure to watermark your proposed designs :image28: because it belongs to you til ya get paid for it!!! :image28:

Thanks guys, I can't wait to see the talent flying in this post :image10-2:

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Christy - awesome thread. I'm sure you'll find someone who can help you out. I like the fact that you're allowing alot of designer creativity.

Designers - please make a note that this is a 'paying' customer and she wishes to have a TLC file in the end.

Good luck & Happy Logo Hunting!!

3. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

hows this to get the thread of the ground!!!

Attached Files:

4. dscratch

dscratch

My Try

Here is my try at the Roman Enterprises Logo. I tried for a roman sword and shield look. It's all original. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Attached Files:

5. dscratch

dscratch

Nice ones Lamo1graphic. I like the first one. Looks really good. Good Work. Thanks for getting us started. Take a peek at my try and let me know what you think.:image07:

6. monyc

monyc

Nice one Lamo, You have me thinking. :image28:

7. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

nice a clean looking well done:image28: :image28:

8. monyc

monyc

Roman Enter.

Here is my try at it. :image07-1:

Attached Files:

9. monyc

monyc

Very Clean look....D. Keep going with it. You got it.

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I gotta say...I'm really 'digging' your new style. Very crisp, clean & simple. Great job.

No offense to anyone else, the other are good too, I just prefer these styles now.

11. monyc

monyc

Hey dig, Thanks alot, I have notice that everyone here has there own style so I figure Let me do something that I feel is natural letting my mind go and do something that is a clean idea. With out the help of this fourm it would not have gotten that way. To everyone in the forum keep showing the world what you can do. :image07-1:

12. Christy

Christy

All I can say is WOW. They're all good!
    Thanks you guys, I'll keep you posted :image28:

13. dscratch

dscratch

Hey monyc...Fabulous design. I really like the letter "R" in the circle. That's a nice looking logo. Great work!

14. dscratch

dscratch

2nd Try

Here is another logo. Not really a Roman theme, but a nice clean basic logo that was mirrored from the first. Keep them coming. The design ideas and logos all look good.

Attached Files:

15. Christy

Christy

[​IMG]

He likes this one and would like a couple revisions. David, I'll PM them to you.

Thanks everyone, all of these logos were great.

16. prototype66

prototype66

Here's my first sample
    [​IMG]

17. prototype66

prototype66

and #2
    [​IMG]

18. prototype66

prototype66

oops, I'm too late?

19. prototype66

prototype66

The florida shaped guard on the helmet took forever to get right, sorry.

20. Christy

Christy

Actually I spoke to him a day earlier than I had planned because of another situation. I'm sorry I thought I posted that and now I realize it was in a PM.
    We've been emailing back and forth all day so I can still show those to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.