Circular Text Blurred

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by cwh608, Apr 14, 2008.

1. cwh608

cwh608

Hi!
    I'm using a smaller font size and the text is blurred when I use the circular text. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. KD-did

KD-did

Did you use one of the built in "Text Effects"? What font did you use?

3. cwh608

cwh608

I'm trying to use the "Circle" in Text Attributes under Format.
    The font I'm using is Papyrus.

The size of the canvas needs to be 101 x 101, so it's pretty small. I need it for labels on my gift boxes.

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi cwh608,
    Any chance you could post a sample of your final image? Also, what export resolution are you using in TLC? and what program are you printing your labels with? I've included a picture of some samples using Papyrus and it is tougher to use than some fonts. My TLC file was created on a canvas of 504 x 504 then exported to 104 x 104 (unable to do width smaller than 104). My image with all the images is at 96dpi, but you can see the differences. Talk to you soon. -Allen

Attached Files:

5. cwh608

cwh608

Wow, thanks for all your help! I'll do my best to explain what I did! I'm still new in this area. The export resolution is 72dpi. I worked on a canvas size of 100 x 100. (I didn't export it from a larger canvas size) I'm not printing on labels, but I do want to print it out on paper in columns so I can use a paper punch.
    The sample looks awful! If you need more info from me, don't hesitate to ask!
    Thanks again!

Attached Files:

6. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Ahh. Try this first before changing anything else - go to Export, then Export Resolution and bump it up to say - 300 and say OK. Then, export your image again and see how it looks.

Attached Files:

7. cwh608

cwh608

Thanks Allen! I tried that and it did look a bit better. The letters in "creation" still look out of line to me. I'm going to try starting with the canvas at a large size and then making it smaller like you did. I'll be crossing my fingers! :)

8. awalck

awalck Staff Member

You are most welcome. Yes, you'll find some fonts won't play well with TLC. Sometimes you may have to type each letter individually and "line them up or rotate them slightly" to get your curve perfect. It's a little time consuming that way, but you'll get some great results. Post your new resolution one when you get time, we like to see what others create. Good job on the one you posted. :)

9. KD-did

KD-did

You also might want to use the "Outline option" the same color as the color of the text for you test printing. If you are going to send it out for printing it would be best to have your work converted to a vector format that way it will look sharp at 100X100 or as large as a bus.

10. cwh608

cwh608

THANK YOU ALLEN! I started over working on a 504 x 504 canvas, exported in 300dpi, and exported at 104 x 104 as a gif. The "creations" text is lined up nicely! I may tweek it a bit more, but that's just me!
    Thank you so much for all of your help! I've been at this for days, knowing it could be done, but not knowing how! It feels great to have finally worked it out!
    :image23:
    Thanks again!
    ~Julie

Attached Files: