CIC Problems

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by tielle, Mar 31, 2006.

1. tielle

tielle

Whenever I try to save my work in CIC it gives me Operation Failure message. What am I doing wrong...please help!!!

Tielle
    V 4.1

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I have not had a problem with the CIC. What web browser are you using, and make sure you have the latest flash plugin.

I am going there to test it now also.

3. tielle

tielle

I seem to be able to do it now, but where is it saving my work? Is there a way to save it to my desktop to be able to retrieve it easier?

Thanks!

4. tielle

tielle

CIC continued...

I am also having problems with the Web Help drop down box. Every time I click on something in the box like the manual it tells me the page can not be displayed and action cancelled. I sent an email to the company but I am hoping someone can help me faster. I am using a PC with a Yahoo browser or Internet Explorer.

Thanks!

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Once you are doen with the template. You want to save your work as you mentioned. You have two ways to do this. I am attaching a image of the screen shot to show you what I mean.

The two buttions are circled in red. Button A is on the left and button B on the right.

After your ready to save the designs you choose either button A or button B. and then choose youe format, then a window will open with your stuff for viewing, Their will be two links on the top right of the screen says print online the other says download. choose download to dowload the card or letter or envelope to your computer, each one will be downloaded differently from each other.

Button A - This will show only teh business card.

Button B - This shows all of it. Business card letter, and envelop.

I hope this helps.

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

currently your work is saved online, so do not forget your username and password. Also CIC online is just beta, needs to be polished, but still a great tool, so not all options like manual are available.

Also you get only the exported files. Save them as tiff when exporting, a big file but effecient for printing. I have not tried out the pdf export.

We will be here to help you :D

7. tielle

tielle

CIC problem..

This is the error I get after I choose the format.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length]
    System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +226
    Utility.saveshape.CreateImage(String objstr, String imagename, String BGcolor, String path, Int32 width, Int32 height, String type, String admin, String cicType) +9754
    publishci.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1003
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

You get this when you click on the save button?

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

tielle,
    sorry for your problems, I use firefox, so i am not getting problem. bare with us. I am looking to replicate problem

10. tielle

tielle

CIC problems..

Hi Mac,

I don't get that error message when I save it , it lets me do that much. When I click either of the publish buttons it tells me to choose a format and then I get the error message.

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Have you updated your flash player? That could it.