CIC Help: Template and Word placement

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Bel, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bel

Bel

I just upgraded to CIC: I am trying to get some business cards made up and wanted to get any hints or tricks. The actual questions I have are these.

1. The best way to select a blank template, do I just select one and clear all objects and save template.

2. I want to run some wording along the vertical side of the business card
    i.e. below, what is the best and most efficient way to do this?
    M
    c
    K
    I
    N
    N
    E
    Y

T
    X

Thanks as always
    Bel

2. Bel

Bel

Okay I just read the manual again and I answered my first question still need some assistance with the second.

Thanks,

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Bel.
    Nice question.

This hasn't been brought up before - it would be a great feature to add to The CiCreator.

You can't (as of now) create text on a vertical line like you display above in The Corporate Identity Creator.
    However! You can create this text in The Logo Creator (and bring it into the CICreator)!

(See attached screenshot)

1. Create Text in The Logo Creator.
    2. Choose "Format > Rotatable"
    3. Rotate the text ... and rotate the LETTERS
    4. adjust the 'character setttings' to your liking

Export this vertical text as a "PNG - Transparent"
    Import this into The CiCreator! You can then choose the MODIFY button to scale the text.

Show is the results when your done Bel!

Attached Files:

4. Bel

Bel

CIC Help: Template and Word Placement

Thanks Marc:
    So this adjustment needs to be made in the logo creator as a new element and than export it to the Business Card Creator? The reason why I am asking though it is pretty self explanatory is that the wording is basic business card content, it is the City and State not anything out of the ordinary like custom company name.

Please confirm, thanks again...I hate beating you guys down with these 101 questions but this stuff does not come that easy to me.

Thanks,
    Bel

5. Bel

Bel

So far so good, I will post end result when I am finished. Thanks!

6. Bel

Bel

Okay getting there. Here is what I got so far, but a new question arises. Notice the "Bel Haddad" inside the globe, **On my CIC business card- the globe does not touch the name but when I save and view it it meshes over the name. Any suggestions. I am sure it is a sizing error on my end, I just have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
    Bel

Attached Files:

• BCS.jpg
      BCS.jpg
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
  7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Great Bel!
    Looks like you've got the hang of it.

The image/globe issue you mention - I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I do know we've found a bug in the PNG importing function. I'm going to post a fix on Tuesday (August 8th). I think this has something to do with your problem.

In the meantime, see if you can create all of the images (other than the address and such) inside THe Logo Creator. Lump it all together as one Jpeg and then import it into CIC.

- Marc

8. Bel

Bel

Marc:
    Sorry about the description of the problem. Inside the CIC-business card app. The orb/globe-sit over the "Bel Haddad". After saving it and going to publish (I tried saving it in all three formats in Publish-same result) the "Bel Haddad" is inside the orb/globe and the shape seems a bit oblong. I will for sure continue to mess with it this weekend...to addicted not to. I am not sure if I am capable of lumping both the all the images into one(as you suggested)--I am not good with sizing and I think the verticle McKINNEY TEXAS would not be proportionate to the orb... once I export to CIC., but I will put fourth a good effort.

Thanks,
    Look forward to seeing the fix and learning more. I hope I have been of some help to you guys.

Bel

Attached Files:

• BCS.jpg
      BCS.jpg
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.