Check out The Business Card Creator

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 4.0' started by Mr Laughingbird, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

The Business Card Creator by Laughingbird Software!
    The easy (and fun) way to create your own business cards!

If you can point-and-click, then you too can create amazing BUSINESS CARDS and logos for yourself and others with The Business Card Creator!
    (I even use it for myself!)
    [​IMG]

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there Business Card fans.

I've created this "getting started" video for you. It will show you how to print using the online printshop -- and will also show you how to print using your own printer.

AND, it'll give you tips on finding other printshops around the globe :D
    Have fun watching it!

3. Elaine Zervos

Elaine Zervos

Hello Marc,
    Just added on the biz card creator and here is what I am trying to do. I have a tiff file that is a large picture and I want to size it down and use it on my biz card, is this possible with this program? The image is an Aladdin's lamp with smoke and the smoke is large enough to add my biz contact info in it. I am somewhat tech challenged so not sure if what I want to do is even possible, should have asked before purchasing the add on huh. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Elaine

4. KD-did

KD-did

Use a image editor you have on your computer or an online one to resize and change the .tiff to a jpeg or png.
    http://pixlr.com/editor/

5. Elaine Zervos

Elaine Zervos

Thank you! Lastly if the biz card size is 1260x735 what is the size that it will fit within the red lines?

6. KD-did

KD-did

Not having the image in front of me I suggest cutting the image you have by 50% and then re-size that on your business card canvas.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The simplest solution: Import the image and resize it under the image format option in the logo creator.

Please don't "overthink" concerns about layout options, print size, bleed area, Pixels per inch, dots per inch... just think "Will this picture fit"

Here is the answer you asked for:
    1170 x 661

Here is how I got that:
    I looked at the length of a business card being 3.5 "- then figured how many "8ths" (the red line in the business card template represents a 1/8th inch "bleed area") that took-- which is 28.

I next divided 1260 by 28 and came up with 45-- which means it takes 28 "8th's" to make up 3.5 inches, or 1260 pixels, and each 1/8th of an inch is equal to a value of 45.

You want to remove a total of 90 pixels (left and right) and 90 pixels (up and down) to make your image fit in the "red box".

1260 - 90 = 1170
    735 - 90 = 645