Check for Updates not working?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by PGphantom, Mar 25, 2007.

1. PGphantom

PGphantom

When I open logo creator and click on "Check for Updates" it just keeps telling me that I must ensure that I am connected to the internet, click ok after establishing a connection?

I am connected and tried turning off AV, Firewall etc in case that was an issue but still no go. I connect to this forum from the program so I know it knows about my connection.

Any ideas?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Perhaps the program has an address that no longer works because of a move recently. There may not even be an update depending when you bought your TLC. You can always PM (private message) laughingbird through the forum.

3. PGphantom

PGphantom

Just brought is yesterday. If there were no updates available - It should say so - Not ebing unable to connect.

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. ChrisA

ChrisA

I have the same issue. I am connected all the time on cable, and logocreator is unable to detect it.

Can someone from laughingbird please address this.

I bought the software in March 07, and I would like to pick up the latest software but the link provided above does not really give you a download.

6. ChrisA

ChrisA

OK. . . sorry, there is a separate forum just for updates and there is a link there where you can pick up the 5.1 update.

However, the software, check update function still does not work.

my bad. . .

7. mrham1

mrham1

Check for Updates not working on Mac

I get the same problem on the mac and I am running 5.1 (installed from MacWorld CD). When I open Logo Creator and click on the Check For Updates button or the Menu Option the application crashes! Unfortunately it also does not then re-open automatically despite OSX giving you the option. I have to go an open the app manually.

If it helps I am running an Intel Mac not PowerPC.
    :image25:

8. KD-did

KD-did

When there is an update for any of the Laughingbird products Marc (laughingbird) announces it here in the forums first even before the email goes out and provides working links.Watch for updates in the Announcements forum at the top of the page.

9. gioflowers

gioflowers

Version 3.5.1

Please post a link to where I can get updates for my old version. Thank you.

10. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If you click on http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/ you will be able to upgrade to v4.1 free. Just scroll down the page to the part which says Update to version 4.1 and click on the Windows or Mac icon.

11. gioflowers

gioflowers

Did that thanks. Are there any more free upgrades after that?

12. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sorry but the upgrade to v5 is a paid for one, well worth it though as you get loads of new logos and the upgrade price is just $19.95 (Aaagh I'm beginning to sound like a salesman)

13. rkkelley

rkkelley

Looking for updates - problems updating

I keep having problems with the update feature. It keeps coming up with the error cannot connect with internet. Is there a direct download of the updates? If so where?

:helpnow:

14. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Any updates to any of the LB software can be found in the 'Software Updates' area of the board (just down the page). What version do you have?