Character Pak Won't show up

Discussion in 'Installation issues' started by George Sepich, Aug 22, 2013.

1. George Sepich

George Sepich

I upgraded to TLC 6.6 and bought the Character Creator Pak addon. Ran the installer, but the Character Pak does not show up anywhere in TLC that I can find. It's not showing in the templates or any other dropdown. I need some help on this fast, because i bought the Characters for a project I need to work on now. Thanks

2. George Sepich

George Sepich

I should be more clear, this is for the Character Creator Addon. I am running Windows 8/

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

hi there George.
    Look into your:

documents / Laughingbird Documents / logo elements

folders on your computer.
    Let me know if you see the "Character Creator" folder in there.

- Marc

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Here's the contents of the add on once installed. You stuff has to be in the exact same location (the logo elements folder, otherwise it won't show up in the pull down menus.... CC.JPG

KD-did likes this.
  5. George Sepich

George Sepich

Yes that folder is there... along with a .ds store file and other db files

6. George Sepich

George Sepich

I see those files in my logo elements folder

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

DO THIS NOW! Search your entire computer for all DS_STORE files AND DELETE THEM! That will clear up most of your problems!

8. George Sepich

George Sepich

I have deleted all the ds_store files on my computer. Still not seeing the Character Creator. Where exactly should it be appearing? In the Select A Template Set dropdown? I do not see it there or anywhere else, and the only other dropdowns i see are file, edit, options, TLC help

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

All of these show up as little folders when accessing the pull down menus. Be sure to note their location!

CC.JPG

cc3.JPG

10. George Sepich

George Sepich

Ok, i got it working now. Thanks. I really think there should be more specific instructions included in the download though. It is not really clear.

11. Stan Beck

Stan Beck

I'm having a similar problem with the mascots to go (Windows 7). Per the instructions, I copied the Mascots2Go folder to Laughingbird Documents > Logo Elements and I can't see the pack after I've restarted the software. Any insights are appreciated. BTW, there was a DS_STORE file in the Mascots2Go folder that I deleted per the instructions above, and no go...

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Does the mascots choice show up in the pull down menu? Don't worry that you see "mascots2" as a menu choice- I change stuff around all the time.

mascots.JPG

TRY THIS: Use 7 zip to unzip the original file. I have winzip, and it couldn't properly unzip the original mascot folder, but 7zip did. 7 zip is free! http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

13. Stan Beck

Stan Beck

They are showing up now - thanks!

gcuneo2 likes this.
  14. Michael Paden

Michael Paden

I just purchased The Creator 7 software pack. 3 of the 4 packs installed with no problem, basically on their own. The one that didn't is The Character Creator. I see it in my documents, but I cannot figure how to get it into the software. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10.

15. KD-did

KD-did

If installed you will find all the Character Creators parts in the dropdown menu of elements. There are no templates so you will not see any on templates
    page.my elements library has lots of custom stuff in it. Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 10.10.02 AM.png

16. Michael Paden

Michael Paden

Thank you KD