Character Creator doesn't show up

Discussion in 'Character Creator Q&A' started by Bob Singleton, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Bob Singleton

Bob Singleton

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.6.8. I just downloaded Character Creator, and followed the instructions for installation. The "Cartoon Character Pak" doesn't appear on any menus when I launch The Logo Creator. I have vs. 6.0, and have tried it on both the original vs. 6.6 and the new, bug-fix 6.6.01. It doesn't appear on any of those versions. I found the "Cartoon Creator Pak" folder in my Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements folder.

I must be a total embarrassment to my family and friends, but I can't find for the life of me get to a place where I can start making characters. The readme says, "...launch The Logo Creator. You'll find the new images when you pull down the top menu and choose "Cartoon Character Pak"

I've pulled down every menu; top, side everywhere and I've yet to find "Cartoon Character Pak." I've found my "People" add-on pack in the "Select a Template Set" pull-down, but not Cartoon Pak.

How do I launch these characters?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

3. Bob Singleton

Bob Singleton

Marc - Just the thing. I looked for a video like that and never found it. I'm making cartoons now using the software.

I purchased the original logo creator from the Laughingbird website, along with a People Pak.

Thanks for your help. Now, to take over the world.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Bob.
    thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out.

I realize now that the READ ME Pdf file inside the Mac version's installer takes you to the main Character sales page... and not the 'how to use this' page I intended the PDF to link to.

Yikes. I'll go fix it.

- Marc

5. SunRae

SunRae

Hi Marc,
    I am having the same problem detailed by Bob, but I am using Windows 7. I have watched the video 2x, in case I missed something, but when I click on character creator pak in the dropdown menu, it is blank. There are no folders at all. I also noticed that all other addon packs end with .db. There is no ending on the Character Creator Pak. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, and still nothing. I am running vr 6.6, purchased directly from you.
    Thanks for your help,

6. Mr Laughingbird

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Here are some pix that may help. You may not have all the same yellow folders or db files shown!

I'm also running windows 8.1 (beta testing the new update) That's why you may see some things different (LIke my computer now being called "This pc")
    creator 2.JPG

These are the files in the "Character Creator pack"
    creator 1.JPG

creator 3.JPG