changing saved templates file

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by makemoola, Jan 30, 2014.

1. makemoola

makemoola

How do I change location of saved templates?
    I want to have folder on my desktop for them-for easier access
    but cant seem to find anywhere to make a change!!
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. KD-did

KD-did

Hang tight...shortly a FREE update will be released that does exactly what you are wanting.

3. makemoola

makemoola

thank you

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hey Tim (makemoola)... for now, you can try this:

IF you're using version 6.6, open your Documents folder.
    Look for "Laughingbird Documents" then "Logo Libraries"

Inside Logo Libraries, you'll find the "My Templates" folder. This is where your templates are being saved.
    Don't move it. Yet.

As KD said, a new update to version 6.8 is about to launch. The new version will allow you to put this 'my templates' folder anywhere on your computer ... and you can change the name from My Templates to whatever you wish.

I'll announce this the first week of February 2014 :D

5. makemoola

makemoola

I already have 6.8 installed but still don't sdee how to change folder! Any suggestions? I got 6.8 2 weeks ago--is it different than feb 2014 update?

I

6. KD-did

KD-did

What I did was choose New template, then got the box to name it then made the choice to. "save a version"

Attached Files:

7. Guy Monroe

Guy Monroe

CANNOT Open Saved Templates: MAC/ APPLE SOLUTION - CHANGING FOLDER NAMES
    To successfully open a Laughing Bird file, The elements folder name must match the internal .tlc document name perfectly. When organizing templates, renaming is commonplace. Upon launching a folder Logo Creator copies external folder name and seeks matching .tlc document. Example: When you first saved the document you named it: "the happy bird 640x175" and perhaps saved it to your desktop. You finish your mods and decide to move to your docs folder.. When you do, noticed folder appears in a-z order “the”. You desire it to appear in the “b” a-z order. You change the name to: "happy bird 640x175". Problem solved on the outside, yet creating trouble for application.
    Your files are nice and orderly. However, you go to open file "happy bird 640x175" and get the dreaded “Cannot open file” message. My guess is, when you open any file, Logo Creator copies current folder name "happy bird 640x175", and compares it to existing internal .tlc doc called "the happy bird 640x175.tlc5". No match. Response: "This is NOT" or "HTTP error" or “CANNOT OPEN” message. SOLUTION: 1) Highlight and copy exactly current folder name every space and or dash "happy bird 640x175". 2) Open folder of same name. 3) locate "the happy bird 640x175.tlc5" inside. 4) Highlight name every space and or dash EXCEPT the .tlc ending. 5) Replace "the happy bird 640x175.tlc5" with "happy bird 640x175.tlc" External folder name now matches .tlc document name. Bring Logo creator to front, select open template, navigate to modified folder. it will open now. I hope helpful. Blessings…. :-)

8. Mr Laughingbird

Well whatDoyouKnow...

I think you may have hit upon something here Guy.
    We're going to look into this.

Version 6.8 acts a bit differently, but I've just tested your comments above and - once I rename the folder from the desktop - I get all kinds of craziness.

Interesting.

Great workaround. Complex... but it works.

Do you have version 6.8?

9. Guy Monroe

Guy Monroe

It's not obvious. I'm guessing 6.5

Mr Laughingbird likes this.
  10. Mr Laughingbird

11. Guy Monroe

Guy Monroe

I have 6.0. Will update. Thanks.

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Let me add my thanks for the work around! Nice when users post back with solutions. Thanks for sharing!! :cowboyno:

13. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

On a humorous note: You could always buy a PC!