1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Changing font size and borders

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by MySunshine, Jan 21, 2007.

1. MySunshine

MySunshine

Woohoo, thanks to Doc, I might be making headway. Baby steps.

I am making a web topper using the Art Center. I need 3 lines of text. The top line needs to be larger than the 2nd and 3rd lines. I have looked everywhere and can't find a way to change font sizes. How do I do this?

While I'm at it, here's my second question. How do I put a border first around my graphic, then around the entire topper?

Thanks.

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

To change the font size you enter your text into your design then in the left hand window click on format, you will see a slider with 'scale' under it. Move the little ball left to make the text smaller or right to make it bigger.

You can enter multiple lines of text but as you want your lines of text to be different sizes I suggest entering each line as a separate element. To do this enter your first line of text then click on a blank area of your design window. Now if you click in the text entry box and replace the text with your second line text when you click on 'use this text' it will put the new text into your design. Repeat as needed for your third line of text.

As to you question about borders, you can add multiple objects to your design window, each new element will be in front of the previous graphic (you can change the order if you need to) Your biggest problem will be finding a suitable set of borders that scale to the size you need. If you cannot find any suitable borders email me with the sizes you need and I will make them up for you so you can import them into your design.

Keep experimenting and above all have fun with the Logo Creator!

3. MySunshine

MySunshine

Thanks, Doc. It is starting to be fun now.

I played with the little ball to change the text, but I was hoping to be able to pick the size; i.e., 10, 12, etc. I'll keep playing with it.

As for borders, I might email you, but my logos won't always be the same size. I am wanting to use 3 colors of narrow borders around each logo to pull out some of the more subdued colors in the logos such as what is shown on the banners and logo here:

http://www.slurby.com/FOHOs/

I'll be changing the logos and colors monthly. Is there anything within the Art Center that I can use to just slap the borders on and change the colors? I doubt you'll be wanting me to email you monthly. Thanks for any help you or anybody can give.