Changing colors of swooshes

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Darrin, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Darrin

Darrin

When I go to change a swoosh that is for example blue by default and try to change it to yellow all I get is what appears to be a blue a yellow mix. How do I remove the default color and get it to yellow?
    Thanks, I know its probably a lame question but I honestly cant find out how to do this :bonk:

2. jamirae

jamirae

great question.. I dont think it can be done... but if so, I want to know how to do that, too!

I have tried changing the colors of swooshes and orbs that are already a color but all it does is try and add the new color I select onto the existing, and I usually end up with a gray or black color.

If this can be done.. perhaps we need a tutorial on how? :)

3. Darrin

Darrin

I feel a little better knowing Im not the only one. Hope someone knows the answer to this

4. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

You can't actually change the color of the swoosh ... by this I mean if you have a red swoosh and want to change the color of it to yellow it won't work.

what happens is that you are adding color to the current one ... so your red swoosh with yellow added will probably start to look a bit orange.

Does this make sense?

Eddy

5. jamirae

jamirae

Darrin...

here's a response from Marc.. one of the programmers for TLC:

so.. if you really want a different color you may have to export the swoosh to some other graphics application, change the color then import it back into your design.

6. Darrin

Darrin

Thanks I have paint shop pro 8 so Ill try doing that. I didnt even think about it. Good idea. Thanks :D

7. jamirae

jamirae

PSP! cool.. that's what I use too! :)