Changing Color in a template

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by sharic, Nov 29, 2006.

1. sharic

sharic

I am working with Template #15 in the Business Mascot Collection. There are two "swirls" in the design ... the default color of one of these "swirls" is red and the other is black. I was able to change the color of the red swirl (after some difficulty), but I'm unable to change the black swirl. Can anyone give me some direction on how to solve this problem? Could there be a problem with the template? If so, what is the next step I should take to find a solution. Thanks!

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Nice catch Doc.
    Yes, Sheric, try the tutorial above.

You wont' be able to change a black object. Unfortunately, you can't colorize black.

You can try exporting one of the swirls as a PNG image.
    (remove everything but the swirl from the canvas, use the Export menu and choose "PNG- transparent").

Bring this image into the native Windows Paint program - recolor it and reSave it back to your desktop. Then bring it back into The Logo Creator using the File > Import menu.

Yes, it may be a bit of a work around, but TLC is but a tool in your graphics arsenal. The more tools you use, the better your final image. :D

- Marc

4. sharic

sharic

Many Thanks!

I saw your reply first, Doc. So that is what I tried. It worked great! I'm in your debt. Thanks also to Marc for the helpful direction ... it's welcomed advice.