changing cartoon image

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by todddallen, Mar 7, 2009.

1. todddallen

todddallen

How can I change the cartoon in a flash template. I'd like it to be my logo instead of some funky looking critter.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Scroll down and turn the cartoon visibility off. Use your logo file in its place .

3. todddallen

todddallen

Thanks. I know you can turn the cartoon off. I even went into the image files and tried to change the file to my logo, but that didn't work.

I'm thinking there should be some way to customize the cartoon.

4. todddallen

todddallen

Ooops, I didn't read the last part of your note. HOW do i use my file in its place?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Use Image 1 for your image..preview and you will see your logo in its place, it has to be a different file format than .tlc

6. todddallen

todddallen

I'm working on template 61. I want image 1 to be a product shot, and replace the cartoon with my logo. Is there a way to do that?

To be honest, it may not matter, as I'm trying to create ads for Google Ad Words, and the flash files are larger than the 50k maximum that Google has.

7. KD-did

KD-did

You would need to begin with a different template all together. You would need to use a template that would allow 2 images to be used. After that you are kind of stuck with their size restrictions.

8. todddallen

todddallen

Well, I'm pretty underwhelmed with this, but maybe I'm missing something. Of the 100 templates, only 40 work with Google Ad Words, and again, the file size is over the 50k maximum - I think the one I was trying is 68k.

While I did make some non-animated ads yesterday, I thought the software was very awkward.

Why would anyone want to use those silly cartoons? And why wouldn't the software let you change the cartoon as well as the image(s)? Makes no sense to me.

Thanks for trying to help. If you know any other software that can produce flash files that will work with Google ad words, I'd like to try it to see if that helps response.