Changes not saved when exporting

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by 396guy, Dec 29, 2006.

1. 396guy

396guy

OS - Windows XP Pro
    REM - 1GB RAM
    Logo Creator 5

When I create a logo and save it, everything is fine. However, if I make a change if I Save the file (to a TLC), that is updated but when I try to export the file (say as a .JPG) I get two prompts. The first says the file already exists and do I wish to I wish to replace it - naturally I click "Yes". I then get a prompt saying the file already exists and do I want to delete it. Regardless of a yes or no reply, the original version remains and the updated version is never saved. The only solution I've found is to save the revised version to a different name. What am I missing here?

2. 396guy

396guy

Nobody is having this problem? :helpnow:

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I believe others are having the problem also, myself included. It's a minor inconvenience and one that will eventually be fixed in an update. Be patient.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi 396...

I must have missed this post when you first created it back in December!

Yes, this is a crazy glitch that I tried to fix before v5.1 launched, but was unable to. I'm actually still working on figuring out why the software won't replace an already created file.

Good news I suppose is that you can't accidently override anything!
    Save the file with a different name and all is well.

You can create "Templates" of your logos. Choose "Save as Template" from the FILE menu. You'll then see your logos as thumbnails when you pull down "My Templates" from the menu.

This way, you can save various iterations of your image.

-- Marc