Cartoon style web design

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How-To' started by markfyans, Jun 14, 2013.

1. markfyans

markfyans

Hi everyone

I couldn't find the 'New Thread' button in the Website Design section of the forum so I thought I would ask my question here.

I would like to create a website using cartoon graphics. Does anyone know of any drag/ drop software that would make it easy to do?

2. KD-did

KD-did

TLC/We graphics can handle the images with imported images and text .....what type of software are you looking for? To do what? What platform are you needing it in.

snginc likes this.
  3. markfyans

markfyans

I use windows and have always used wordpress. I am thinking along the line of serious subjects that could be conveyed to children in a jokey way.
    Subjects such as food safety, ***, even politics can be made fun.

I have page builder and visual compozer but these are formal grid makers into which you place your text, video whatever.

I would like to put together something like shown here.

http://www.noupe.com/inspiration/showcase-of-cartoon-style-web-designs.html

This is just an idea I have that I wanted to air. I do not have the money to pay for developers and I was hoping that someone could help or point me in a direction.

Anyhow, just thought I would ask.

tkmorin likes this.
  4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I've got a website I used to practice stuff with, from weebly-- I actually paid for a template and a couple of add on packs-- but it's drag and drop-- and I find it much easier to use than wordpress, that maybe just me....

Just me mentioning "weebly" is not endorsed by Laughingbird Software, or Chuck Norris- it's just my opinion!

Here's the website-- http://gcuneo.weebly.com/index.html

http://www.weebly.com/

snginc and tkmorin like this.
  5. markfyans

markfyans

Hi
    Hmmm....food for thought :cool:... thanks

6. markfyans

markfyans

The Character Creator add-on looks very interesting. I bought it and I am playing with it now.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Don't forget: You can always use all the elements in all your programs!

markfyans likes this.
  8. tkmorin

tkmorin

Wow! Fantastic graphics! Thank you so much!! :a plus:

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

gcuneo2 has the right idea with Wordpress being your best drag-n-drop designer. While there are several, and one in particular, I would recommend, none are responsive! Wordpress is responsive. You really want a responsive web site. That is one that is viewable on any device at any size with no extra work on your part. If you buy a hosting account with any of the major companies the you can most likely install Wordpress at the push of a button. Yep, that easy. There are also tons of themes and plug ins that are available, for free, and help and tutorials you can download. By far the cheapest ( free ) drag and drop out there.

snginc likes this.