1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Canvas Size of Flash Export

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by Matt, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt

Hello,
    I have exported the cover using the flash module, but the canvas size is too large, and the book is too small. If you take a look at

http://design.selfpublishing.com/perfect/perfect.php

I am trying to make the book as big as possible but there seems to be live a inch margin around everything. Also if i use flash export module 2, where do i define the template i would like to use, and where to specify new images. I go there now and i get a software box, with my front and back cover and spine, an d then the top of the box is an eCover creator software box.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Matt.
    Great! The book looks good.

Increase the Flash size in your HTML.
    When you enlarge the Flash file, the image will also grow. Just like silly putty!

Try it and see what happens!

_ Marc

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

WOW Matt that is an awesome book design. I like how you have the colored circles on it and the legend on the side to show it off. Again WOW great job. Show us some more if you have it.

4. Matt

Matt

Thanks, for the complement. I know how to increase the size of the flash file via HTML, but that does not help me because their is still a 1" border of white space around the book. You see i would like the book cover to be as large as possible so people can see what is being circled. But in order to do this i need to crop the flash file exactly around the book (giving enough room for rotation of course).

Thanks,

Matt

5. Matt

Matt

Any help or ideas?

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts that may help?

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Couldf it be the table within the HTML code...check your column size...

7. Matt

Matt

cybrnetico,
    I wish it was that simple. I have tried setting the table to 100% of the page... but no luck. The size of the flash document is 528px x 528px. The size of the actual book is 200px x 250px. To fully be able to rotate the book the largest the canvas size needs to at MOST 300px x 300px. How do i crop the canvas size.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK Matt look at this page. I have gotten a test book up. Let me know if this is close enough.

Click Here

I will post my flash HTML code for you to use and edit if this is what you want.

9. Matt

Matt

That is pretty good. How did you do that?

Matt

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey Matt so is that what you are wanting? What happens is that you are getting a border placed around the flash file when it is created. That is how it saves it. Now you must turn the border off in the HTML code. I am posting my HTML code below on what I used to make that book that size. Use it and edit it for your flash file, and post back on how it works. Hope this gets you taken care of.

Code Below:

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="720" height="484">
    <PARAM name="Movie" value="Book2.swf">
    <PARAM name="Quality" value="High">
    <PARAM name="Scale" value="NoBorder">
    <PARAM name="Play" value="true">
    <PARAM name="Loop" value="true">
    <PARAM name="Menu" value="false">
    <PARAM name="SAlign" value="L">
    <EMBED src="Book2.swf" width="720" height="484" Quality=High Loop=true Play=true Menu=false Scale=NoBorder type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>