Can't See Logos in "My Logos"

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Rasty, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Rasty

Rasty

Just purchased Value Pak. When select logo set of Value Pak Edition or Bonus Logos, see them just fine. But after saving logos into My Logos, cannot see them when select My Logos. Files (.tlc and .jpg) show up under ...Logo Libraries\My Logos ---- but don't display when trying to access through Logo Creator. Also, frequently get "Index out of range....Script error" when select My Logos.

Running v4.1 under WINXP. Any thoughts? TIA

2. KD-did

KD-did

Rasty, What OS are you? If it is XP you may have a situation where the files are buried to deep and you are timing out. Try opening TLC and selecting "Open Logo" and see if it will bring up your logo. I, myself prefer to save to my desktop until I am sure that I have finished with it and then I put them in a file of my own making (My TLC Files) and it can be found under My documents.

3. Rasty

Rasty

Thanks for the quick response.
    1) Yes, I'm on XP SP2 + recent updates.
    2) Full path to the default folder where my logos are being stored is: C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v4\Logo Libraries\My Logos ---- so I think nesting depth should not be an issue.
    3) Yes, I can open my saved logos by pathing directly to them via File>>Open Logo.

I'll try placing them into a different folder, but it would be nice to be able to see thumbnails for all my created logos (just as I can, for example, for Bonus Logos), rather than having to select and display them one-at-a-time.

On another note, I was offered a link to purchase other logo sets at 20% off, but after navigating through it the discount never appeared at checkout, so I cancelled the order.

4. KD-did

KD-did

The problem may be SP pack related...things graphic almost always seem to take a beating. I don't allow auto up dating...I want to know what the pitfalls are before I install a MS upgrade.

You might want to run a check for adware/spyware. It can creep even across firewalls...it will add to a file name and that will cause timing out...and the problem you mentioned above.

Usually until you okay the sale the discount doesn't show . I'll check into it for you. You also can PM member laughingbird and get a direct answer from him. He is in the process of bring new products on line so be patient.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Rasty!
    Thanks for writing.

Choose the "Save PROJECT as" menu option (from the FILE menu).
    This option will save the necassary files to the "My Logos" folder.

What you need in order to see your logos show up in this list are three files. The ".tlc" file. A large jpeg and a smaller jpeg. Version 4.1 saves these three files in the correct size for you if you choose "Save PROJECT as..."

The script errors you mention bother me however. I'm not sure why you're getting those. Let us know if you continue getting them.

Hope this helps some Rasty!

- Marc

6. Rasty

Rasty

Hi Guys,

Tried to respond, by seems my response didn't get through. The short of it is that the problem is apparently resolved. Seems the errors were produced by not having all 3 necessary files in My Logos. Was able to successfully Save Project As... and create the needed 3 files in My Logos, and no longer get the script errors.

Thanks!