Can't see larger canvas on my screen

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by abexp, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abexp

abexp

I am trying to create higher resolution creations, both for t-shirts and signs. However, I have encountered numerous roadblocks.

I have attempted to change the export resolution (Export>Export Resolution>(1 to 1000 dpi)...but this makes no difference in the image I export. When I view the exported image in PaintShopPro, all the images are the same resolution. I have just updated my software & still see no difference.

I have also attempted to increase canvas size to include the largest elements possible. However, I cannot see all of the canvas area on my screen...and I can only "move" the canvas horizontally (by dragging the upper blue bar)...and not vertically.

Can anyone see what I may be missing?

2. jamirae

jamirae

abexp,

I thought that resolution issue was resolved in the latest patch. Since you updated, what version are you running? I'll check out the notes I have on this and see if it should be resolved or not.

as for the issue with the canvas size. There really is no way to do this short of changing your monitor resolution. I've requested this as suggested enhancement in the next release, but have not heard from Marc yet as to whether it is do-able or not.

Maybe we can Marc to chime in here with better answers, since I apparently have none at the moment! :)

3. abexp

abexp

i updated my logocreator and checked for updates (downloaded 20 files) yesterday before i tested it...and then posted this...so it should be up to date.

also...i'm not really sure if the higher resolution export would serve my purpose, if it only enlarges the "smaller draft" i have created. seems as though i would need to START with the larger individual elements of the logo, if i wanted to retain the higher definition and quality.

if so...being able to see more of my canvas, when i increase the size of the canvas, seems to be the only upgrade the software would need to make it absolutely perfect! it IS a great tool! but for quality t-shirts, it would need to produce creations of around 1500 pixels.

if a fuller view can't be easily done...possibly a way to scroll up and down? as i mentioned before, i have dragged the entire screen (with the upper blue bar) to edit horizontally. either a way to "scroll" or a way to "drag"...as in a blue bar on the side.

much thanx!
    Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.