cant see entire window

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by bode, Dec 28, 2005.

1. bode

bode

its almost like the view of this program is larger than the max size of the window on my computer I cant get to the bottom of the window in order to change image3 and image4 even if I could use the scroll bar to scroll all the way down its like the last two options are still below the bottom of the actual window. when I start the program I can barely grab the top of the window with my cursor to pull it down in order to get to the minimize/maximize/close controls on the window Iv'e never had this problem with any software before. I had seen a similar post from mxbandido on the 14th of this month but nobody replied I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to fix it. I really haven't gotten to use the program fully because of this, and I cant wait to do so! I use pc. thanks all!

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

that is weird.

what is your current screen resolution?? I have that problem with an 800x600, but it really don't bother me that much?

3. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I double checked

I just re-read your post, I tried it at 1024x768 I expanded the blue outline screen, I am viewing template #1, I see the the grey scroll bar, and scrolled to the bottom, and the last options is image3 option? I don't think there are any other other options besides this.

what template are you having problems with?
    Like I mentioned what is your screen res?

best regards

cybr

4. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Cybrnetico, I'm pretty sure your first assumption about screen resolution is the problem he is referring to. See the image below on a resolution of 800x600. The scroll bar goes below the bottom of the window and you can't access the entire list of elements.
    [​IMG]

bode, can you change your resolution at all? What is the max resolution you are allowed? (To adjust Resolution, right click on your desktop, choose Properties, and choose the Settings tab.)

This used to be a problem in certain panels of TLC as well but Marc made some changes and it's not an issue there anymore. I'll pass this along to Marc.

*note: screen with max resolution 800x600 may have problems accessing items iin lower panel.

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

he can hide the taskbar should give him a better grab for scrolling

6. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Hiding the task bar is not the solution because the pane goes much lower than that. Switch your resolution to 800x600 and you will see that about all you can access, even without the taskbar present, is about 6 elements. The scroll drag bar disappears below the window. Many of the templates have more elements than 6 and therefore wouldn't allow changing of those elements.

I've already PM'd Marc to look at this thread so he is aware of the limitations presented by lower resolutions. My personal recommendation would be to get a monitor and/or vid card capable of higher resolutions (1024x768 or higher).

7. bode

bode

Thanks everyone! I came on here to reply to my own post because I finally figured out that the screen resolution was my problem, and you ALL came through for me thanks for the replies!!! I usually use 800x 600 'cause its easier on my eyes 1024x 768 seems a little small to me even with my reading glasses. Thanks again and CHEERS to you all have a happy new year!!!

8. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

:banana Well, now you can experience all of the program. With higher resolutions being more accesible to just about anyone these days, 800x600 may just become an emergency standby. Many sites now cater to higher resolutions.
    Glad it worked out for you bode and Happy Holidays! :attention