Can't see Corporate or CIC templates

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by bmorehappy, Feb 2, 2008.

1. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Hi. I love TLC, and it's quick flexibility. However, whenever I want to go to the Corporate Templates, it only shows a blank screen.

Also, I recently bought the CIC, and its TLC templates do not show up/are not listed at all. I attempted a reinstall, but to no avail.

I also have the Spiritual Edition, and it works well. I'm just lost on what I should do to get the Corporte and CIC templates to be available. Do I need to unlock? I have never had it ask me--I bought it from the website.

I am running TLC on Vista, 2GB ram.

I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Grace and peace,
    Ben M

2. KD-did

KD-did

Did you install both portions of CiC? The templates should be in the TLC's drop down menu.

3. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Install both?

Thank you for replying.

If you mean CIC and running the TLC installer, then yes, I did. But the CIC templates do not show in the drop down menu. Should I attempt to uninstall both and reinstall--I did reinstall TLC but not CIC.

Again, your help is appreciated!

Ben

4. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

I found the following thread regarding the Corporate Pack...

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4823.

However when I follow the directions there, the corporate pack is not listed in my libraries, so I still get the Corporate pack listing. Did I misunderstand that this was supposed to come with versions that were bought?

Regardless, I don't get the CIC templates (no folder in libraries, either).

Thanks
    Ben

5. KD-did

KD-did

Corporate Pak is an EMPTY folder for everyone, it was an oversight by Marc.
    CiC templates should be showing in your drop down menu if you installed both parts that came with the CiC download. One portion is CiC and the the other is TLC.

6. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Yes, I did install both, but am still unable to see it. Should I uninstall both and reinstall?

Again, I appreciate your help!

7. KD-did

KD-did

I woulds go in do an uninstall, then make sure that the files are deleted under "Program files"...get a fresh download and start the installation with TLC first.

8. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Ok, so I uninstalled, cleaned out the program files, re-downloaded, and reinstalled TLC, then reinstalled CIC, and still can't see the Corporate Id Creator templates. It should not be this difficult.

Are there any other ideas for me to try?

Thanks
    ben

9. KD-did

KD-did

Usually it isn't an issue. What platform OS are you and what are you using to unzip with?

10. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

I'm on Windows Vista, 2gb ram, 2.13ghz intel core2.
    TO unzip, I use Stuffit. I used this too unzip the spiritual edition I had purchased back in Summer 2007. After the reinstall, I added the spiritual edition and it shows up fine.

I really appreciate your help!

11. KD-did

KD-did

When you installed the TLC from your CiC how did you path it?

12. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Each program went into its own folder, under Local hard drive, Program files, Corporate Identity Id or The Logo creator. I used the default paths. I installed the TLC first, and then the Cic. Should I put them in the same folder?

I did have some problems with the flash installer. I had to start each program installer separately, instead of through the flash starter.

Ben

13. KD-did

KD-did

I think you should have pathed it to install the TLC portion into you previous TLC v5 (or 5.1) files. so they wouldn't be separate. If you can find CiC logo element files and template files under the program files you should be able to just move them just like the thread on moving Expansion Packs.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949

14. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Finally, I was able to find the Corp Id TLC templates. It was located in the folder TLC>Resources>LL Don't ask me why it was there, but it was. I found it completely by accident. I created a new folder call Corporate Identity in the Logo Libraries folder. Then copied/pasted all of the files from LL to the new folder, started TLC and presto! there they were! YEA!

Thanks so much KD-did for your patience and help!

15. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

just when I thought I had it

But now I can't open them in TLC:image09:...any suggestions

16. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Bmore!
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm a little confused on what you tried to do above.

The "LL" folder you found your logos in are Locked.
    "Locked Logos"

They can only be unlocked when you use your unlock key.
    Once they're unlocked, they're copied to the correct TLC folder and you're good. No need for what you did above.

Here's what should happen:

You run the installer. You're asked (as KD's picture says above) to install either The Logo Creator, the CiCreator ... or both.

If you already have a previous version of The Logo Creator - the installer will detect this and merge the new logos with your previous set.

The only thing that may glitch this up is if you previous had the trial version and never unlocked it. Perhaps the installer thought your TLC copy was still locked?

Marc

17. bmorehappy

bmorehappy

Ok, so how do I make sure that I'm not in trial mode. I've purchase TLC one with the Spiritual edition, and once with the CIC. It was purchased through Laughingbird software...what must I do to unlock all the templates that I have purchased? Spiritual and CIC. I would appreciate any help you can give.

18. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Okay, so you're not using the Trial version. This is good.
    The Spiritual and CIC packages do not have a trial version.

Here' what I would suggest.

Do you still have the original installers to both the CIC and Spiritual Edition? If so:

Drag The Logo Creator v5 folder out of your Program Files folder (and on to your desktop). Rename it to something like "Old version" (it doesn't really matter. Just so the installer doesn't know you have any previous versions).

Re-install from scratch. Install The CICreator first.
    Then install the Spiritual Edition.

Try this, and let me know if this does it for you.

Marc