Can't save the initial default folder

Discussion in 'General Support' started by msdobe, Apr 26, 2015.

1. msdobe

msdobe

Ok, can't save the initial default template folder. I had to uninstall tlc and reinstall it again, but it won't save the template folder. This happens every time I have to do this.

I have... updated adobe air, deleted all the DS_STORE files, made a new folder for the templates, ran as administrator and it still won't save the folder.

When I highlight the folder I either have to open it or cancel - those are the only 2 options. Must say this is really getting old. Please help.
    Jenny

2. KD-did

KD-did

have tried launching TLC first and then opening a saved template? Have you moved any ftle locations?

3. msdobe

msdobe

I can't open a saved template because I'm prompted to save a folder for the templates

4. KD-did

KD-did

The saving folder setup is the absolute first step. Did you setup and name a folder to be used? When you say "default" folder what are you referring too?

5. msdobe

msdobe

Yes, but when I make the folder I either have to open it or cancel - those are the only 2 options.

6. KD-did

KD-did

carefully check the folder for file formats that aren't TLC friendly. Make sure are all jpg,png or tlc....

gcuneo2 likes this.
  7. msdobe

msdobe

This is a new folder - nothing in there.

8. msdobe

msdobe

9. KD-did

KD-did

I am not sure what is going on. Did you move or relocate files or order new product to install?That file is not what is not for file storage. That drop down should show you LB software and the storage file. Locate your Laughingbird Document folder. It should be in your DOCUMENTS OR My Documents folder on your C drive.. In the laughingbird Documents folder should be 2 files. On called Logo Elements and the other Logo Templates.

I suggest a deletion and re-installation of a fresh download.
    Picture 2.png

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Windows does some crazy things. Try this and see if it makes any difference. I noticed in your video that you have many directories with 'spaces' and some that start or end with special characters ( ! $ etc... ).

Try creating a directory in your documents folder and just call it 'TLCtemplates'. (or something similar, but no spaces or special characters)

See if that works and let us know. Thanks.

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Good catch! I'm going to bed now ... ZZzzzzzzz

12. msdobe

msdobe

It's finally working... I typed the name in the box and that worked. Thanks to everyone for your help!

13. Janel Page

Janel Page

I was having the same issue while getting started using this for the 1st time. This thread helped and it's fixed now. Yay!

I wonder if the directions could be reworded to help with this.

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

After you install the program, and run it for the first time you click on SELECT A TEMPLATE SET- You then see this: (I also think people don't bother reading what's in the box, they see "OK" , don't read what's in the box, click on OK, and then don't know what they do next, because they didn't read before they clicked "ok")
    Capture.PNG

You click on OK, then are taken to this screen:

su.PNG

It doesn't get much simpler than that!

snginc likes this.
  15. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Glad it's working. Let us know if you have any other problems.