1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Resolved Can't PNG transparent

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by guzie, Oct 20, 2008.

1. guzie

guzie

I cannot save graphic files...TO paint shop pro. PNG transparent files are also not being saved.

I cannot view them in PSP X This is getting frustrating. It just recently stopped saving files.

Sure could use some help here.
    Paul

2. KD-did

KD-did

With TLC and WGC you should be EXPORTING.

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Paul...Welcome to the forum, Sorry to hear your having difficulties with the program, can you explain better on your situation? perhaps theres a step being over looked...Then we can give better advice to your situation...Worlock :)

4. guzie

guzie

Ok here goes...

I bought web creator 3.0 about 2-3 years back.

It has been working fantastically. I usually make a graphic or log and save it as a png transparent file...Then I go to Paint shop pro and do further design then save it as a .jpg file.

However saving any file png, tiff, jpg, gif with web creator 3.0 does not work anymore. The file does not exists in the folder that I save it to.:image27:

Any suggestions
    Paul

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

How recently have you used the program to where it did work?
    you might want to uninstall it and re-install it again, you just might have a corruption in a file somewhere and have you done any upgrades to the program?...If it worked and then stopped working, It sounds to me that there is a corruption somewhere. What XP version do you have and when was the last time it installed the service pack?

6. guzie

guzie

Hmmm...

I have windows XP and the I downloaded the service pack about 1 week ago...just about the last time it was working correctly....

How do I deinstall then re-install

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok Paul, theres these types of XP Versions
    Home
    Pro
    Corporate
    Media
    Lite
    Black

They all work the same way, So heres what you do..
    Now before I go into this, Im talking about uninstalling your WGC Program from Laughingbird, NOT your windows. You need to go to "Start" Then to "Control Panel" on your menu and select that. Next your control panel will come up If your in "Catagory View" Look for "Add or Remove Programs" and select that....

Next Look in your list for Web Graphics Creator and Select it by clicking on it once...To the right you will see either 2 buttons that will say "Change" Or "Remove" Click the remove button and it will uninstall the program from there...Next after that has completed, Go to "My Computer" and select your C: icon and go to the directory c:\program files...Look in there for WGC folder and right click on it and select "Delete"

Now it should be erased from your computer as far as the computer is concerned...Now find your LB program and reinstall it again.

And remember to check the directory where your files are being sent to when you save them!...Sometimes this can be changed when another user is also saving files on a computer and changes the save directory as well, then all your files will go there too and you wont know it until you check it!

Let me know whats up after this....Worlock!

8. guzie

guzie

What is LB

Where and what is my "LB Program"?

Paul

9. KD-did

KD-did

Short for Laughingbird

10. guzie

guzie

No response

Yes I export my files...Hey by the way KD-did I do NOT see any response on your reply. I'm I missing something? :image08:

11. KD-did

KD-did

Weird I can see it...LB is short for Laughingbird product.

12. guzie

guzie

I see said the blind man.

Ok...I would like to know where to find the original install program...Where could it BE....If I do a search on my entire P.C. what file would I search for?

Paul

13. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Its located here :
    C:\Program Files\Web Graphics Creator

14. Wicked

Wicked

Hello Paul,

KD above there was telling you that "LB" is short for Laughingbird (This software business from which you purchased WGC from). It seems like getting this reinstall done should get you fixed up. If you need to look up your order to download again and retrieve your unlock key you can go here.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm

After completing the process if you are still not having any luck with your current issue which I am not sure I am real familiar with the 3rd party software you are using but do keep in mind that the WGC will require you type in the file extension to the file you are exporting in some instances for it to work. For example instead of saving your file as "myfile" you may have to add the file extension you are trying to save as such as gif making it looking like "myfile.gif" when exporting. I am not sure if this is needed on the art center in WGC but I do know the problem exist within the box creator. Please check back and let us know how it goes..

15. guzie

guzie

Thanks Wicked.
    The install program is nowhere to be found. I've always used the file extension to export and save files.

I do NOT have my order number and I have changed credit cards and email address since I last bought the logo creator.

Is it time to PM Marc? :image28:
    Paul

16. KD-did

KD-did

Paul, neither the credit card nor email have to be active in order to get a fresh download it is only used as a way to locate your order. Is there a possibility that you used Paypal for your transaction? Marc, would need your ordering information too .

17. Wicked

Wicked

Paul if you are still around and out of my own curiosity have you got this issue resolved yet?

UPDATE: Issue marked as resolved on 17 FEB 2009 Due to inactivity.