Can't open saved logo

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Suzanne Dibble, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Suzanne Dibble

Suzanne Dibble

Hi there - I have tried to open my saved logo to amend it but I keep receiving the message "Fault (Server.Error.Request) HTTP Request Error".
    Could you help please. Thanks.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try opening TLC then the template.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

That error happens for 3 or 4 reasons.

First, a few comments...
    A. As KD-did recommended (a good idea), it's always best to open the software first, then the logo.
    B. Begin to ignore the TLC file you see in logo folders. Trust me on that one.
    C. Templates from versions earlier than 6.0 are not compatible with version 6.0 or 6.6

1. You are trying to open a template from version 5.0, while using version 6.0 or 6.6.
    2. You are trying to open the logo by clicking on the file with the TLC extension.
    3. At some point you may have selected the TLC file the OPEN WITH, and the selected the EXE file from version 5.0- when you are working in version 6.0 or 6.6.
    4. If saving the working logo (one you have not exported or saved as a png or jpg) in a unique location (Such as a special folder on another hard drive) you are navigating too far into the Laughingbird documents directory. In this instance (opening a logo saved to a unique location) you only navigate to the folder with the name of the logo you want to work on.

I always recommend opening the program first, then the logo.

KD-did likes this.
  4. Suzanne Dibble

Suzanne Dibble

I opened the software, opened the template and still had the same message. I may have saved it incorrectly so will start again...

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This method applies to the opening of logos saved in unique locations...(Especially when you select the SAVE AS option from within the program.....

ONCE YOU START VERSION 6.O OF THE LOGO CREATOR....

1. Select FILE then OPEN LOGO (or just use CTRL-O).​

2. Select YOUR NAME,(NOT the desktop folder, YET), your name will appear as the very first file folder below the very first DESKTOP icon.​

3.Once you click on YOURNAME (or whatever name appears just below the desktop icon) NOW, AND ONLY NOW, CLICK ON THE DESKTOP FOLDER (OR NAVIGATE TO) WHERE YOU ARE STORING YOUR LOGOS.​

4. Simply navigate to the name of the logo you are looking for and select that folder. The folder will have the name of whatever you called the logo. You do not need to (and can't) select a file within that folder, just select the folder that has the same name of the logo you are looking for.

In the below examples I could have named the folders "My very bestest in the world good to go logos"​

is. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

KD-did likes this.
  6. David Frazier

David Frazier

Is there anyone around here that has anything of value to offer for MAC USERS?? I am furious that there was no warning on the App Store that even though TLC software has a mac version, not only is the Mac Version inoperative and defunct in too many ways to write about, it is quite apparent there is also ABSOLUTELY NO VALUABLE DATA for mac users in the Help/Forums.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there Dave.

hmmm... I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations!
    The software was created on a Mac so I'm really surprised to hear of your troubles.

When you say the Mac version is inoperative... can you give me just a few of the items you notice??
    I've got a ton of tutorial videos that may help: http://www.thelogocreator.com/tutorials

And ALL of my videos are Mac related :D
    I honestly think the Windows users would be angry about that.

Help me help you Dave - give me a bit more info on what you're experiencing

Marc

gcuneo2 and snginc like this.
  8. David Frazier

David Frazier

Ok. I think I may have a real solution here. It may seem unorthodox, but it worked for me (TLC 6.8 on MacOS) after having never being able to open my previously saved work since I started using it back in January 201.

Here it is:

1. Opened TLC
    2. Created New Template Folder as prompted. Named it “ABCD123.”
    3. Chose Premade Temp and named it too. This is stored in “ABCD123"
    4. Erased all elements of Premade
    5. Went to one of my old Custom Template Folders (Previously "un-openable")
    6. Dragged and dropped old Custom Template Folder into “ABCD123” Folder
    7. Went back to TLC
    8. Clicked FILE/Open Template
    9. Navigated to “ABCD123”
    10. Clicked on old Cust Temp Fold that I dragged n dropped.
    11. Clicked Open Button, and followed prompts, (Says "file already exists by that name." Don't worry, just click OK)
    12. Clicked “OK"
    13. Voila! It loaded. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    14. Celebrated; blood pressure went down.
    15. Posted this
    16. Poured glass of Merlot…..oh wait, you didn't need to know that. :)

:a thumbs up:

gcuneo2 likes this.
  9. David Frazier

David Frazier

I sure hope this helps, because I surely wasn't being very helpful earlier today. I love redemption; we all need it!

"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly do anything dumber, you go and pull a stunt like this.......
    AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!" --Harry, Dumb n Dumber

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

David, we all know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work the way you think it should. It does help to stay calm and ask for help. This software has been out a long time and there are many many satisfied users. It works. I'm glad you found a way to make it work for you, but it seems to me that it's still not quite right. I'm not a Mac user but Marc himself was on earlier and was ready to help you. If you need help with anything in the future, just ask. Then give us a chance to respond. Again, I'm glad you found a working solution and I was very pleased to read your apology. It was appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Come on back if you need more help.

11. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

And for anybody reading this thread... Dave and I have been speaking via eMail.
    I had mentioned he should take a gander at the first 3 minutes of this video... it'll help with the templates:

gunsmoke, snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  12. snginc

snginc

And that's how Marc creates win/win situations!