Can't load my logo's. 4.1

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Poobah, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Poobah

Poobah

Hi, I'm jonathan..

I purchased TLC about 6 month or so ago, from a local store. I quickly got the hang of it, and designed various labels for a small business of mine. I noticed the more complex the labels got, and the larger graphics files were more often the program would crash.

Eventually I got the hang of working around the crashing, and designed about 50 labels, that I currently use.. and that I need to keep using.

However I now need to update the labels slightly and make a few new ones while I'm at it. BUt to my Horror, I cannot load a single file without getting an error message, and the logo creator being forced to close. I'm no unable to change anything, So I'm forced to start on scratch again on over 50 labels... I THINK NOT!!!!! (totally frustated at this point).

some points to keep in mind

1. I'm using 4.1.

2. Will upgrading to 5.1 help? Can that be promised.. I'm a bit upset I bought 4.1, since nothing works.

3. I tried reinstalling on 3 different computers, and I can't load my loga data files on any of them. i get the same error.

4. all computers were 100% virus free.

Help

Please.

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Poobah if you want to post a couple of your files here by attaching them to a post I will see if I can see what has gone wrong with them.

3. Poobah

Poobah

:image09:

An excellent Idea, but my labels are close to my heart, and I couldn't let anyone see them. lol.. I know it sucks. .but it's true.

Is there any none issues, and possible suggestions?

My label files are about 600,000 bytes each and utilize several text and graphics, as well as several imported graphics.. The graphic files that I import into the labels, are typically uncompressed formats as to maintain strong resolutions.

--

I'm sort of toying with starting over but to avoid the problem again, making large scale productions of certain graphical elements that I then save as the highest resolution graphic file, that I can.. that way I have less overall graphic files, that I can can paste into logo's as I see fit.. (if that made sense).... and if the logo decides not to load one day I still have the logo elements saved as graphic file that I can quick put together to recreate the label, without going through all the dang work. :)

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You are saving your final work as a template, right?

5. Poobah

Poobah

Yes, I just design the logo/label till its the way I like it... hitting save occasionally as I go, when I get a completed version I hit save as and give it's unique name. But it's always saved as a template.

When I attempt to load them now, they partially load up.. and if I'm not certain, but it seems to me that most of the graphical files load up, but the text items seem to by missing... could it be a font issue?

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

How about providing the specs of your computer?

7. KD-did

KD-did

A font issue could definitely be causing you a problem, Between V3.6 and V 4.1 many fonts were not able to reach a licensing agreement on and had to be discontinued. If your templates used those fonts and the fonts can no longer be found loading issues certainly are possible.If you able to recall which fonts you used and they were located and installed into your system font files the loading problem would most likely disappear.