1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Can't Export

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by warfx, Sep 3, 2005.

1. warfx

warfx

Hello, I have tried installing the Ecover program several times, and Marc even sent me a new install. Yet I am still not able to export images in the photo realistic mode. The dialog box never comes up. Any help is appreciated. :help2a:

2. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Are you able to print ?

3. inventric

inventric

same problem

I had the same problem, until I switched the "rendering engine" to "open gl". Right click somewhere in the photorealistic module and change the rendering engine. Let me know if it works.

4. warfx

warfx

Hello,

No I am not able to print either.

5. warfx

warfx

Hi Inventric,
    I tried all 3 options for the rendering and still nothing.

6. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Does the "Rendering image...Press any key...blabla..." box come up ?

7. warfx

warfx

Yes, that box comes up very quickly and I had to do it like 5 times to see what it said. It flashes by you so very quick.

8. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

The box reads: Press any key or press the mousebutton to abort the rendering.
    Are you by any chance holding the mousebutton or a key pressed ?
    Please try a very short fast click on the icon to see if that helps, as I am running out of explanations right now.
    The rendering MAY fail after that box comes up, but if so you would see the alert box longer or in the worst case the routine would fail completely and the box wouldn't go away at all.
    So I am a bit clueless right now, what is happening.

Could you please try different "Environment settings" ?
    Hold down the right mouse button (mac single button mouse => Ctrl+click)
    Switch off the floor, the shadows, the mirrors and try it with only the model.

If all these test still fail, I'll send you a debug version of the modul, so that we can track it down.
    Could you also provide me with your hardware environment data?

Sorry for the waste of your time, but I can't really figure, why that would happen.

9. warfx

warfx

I pressed the key very quickly and still same results. I have not held down the mouse button or anything. I also tried the changing the enviroment settings like you suggested and still did not work.

I am running Windows XP SP2, on a Pentium 4 2.8, Nvidia Ti4600V w/ 128MB, 1gig RAM, 120 Gig HDD.

Trust me you are not wasting my time, I really like this program and just want to be able to use it! :)

10. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Sorry for coming back that late to you.
    That's bad news, that it still refuses to work on your machine.
    I can't figure out what is happening.
    I'll build a debug version of the modul for you so that we can track this down finally.

It is definately failing in a very strange way and I would really like to track it down.
    I will send you a private message as soon as I am readywith the debug version.

11. warfx

warfx

okay thanks!

12. warfx

warfx

Just wanted to close out this thread, by saying thanks to Alex I have a working version of Ecover Creator now. Marc - he needs a raise! :)

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Warfx.
    Thanks so much for walking through this with Alex. This has helped greatly.

As for Alex getting a raise, he's GOT it!!

(Alex, the cookies are in the cookie jar above the Fridge! ... only ONE. It's almost supper time!
    ... okay. Two. You worked hard on this one.)

Thanks again WarFx!
    We've got a new updater coming out soon. Hang tight.

- Marc

14. mdmsports

mdmsports

Sounds like I need that update also, Marc. I sent you an email about this from the beta version you sent me in July, and just got back into testing today.

This is the exact same thing that's happening to me, I guess I need the newer version, but it seems to be offline now.

Dennis.

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi MD.
    I'm working on getting this installer back up online.

(the previous installer for the UPdater was giving everybody the actual program for free. :banan: Of course, I had to change that)

Check for a PM from me!

- Marc

16. jangles

jangles

Hi Guys

So what was the fix to this export problem in photo realistic module? I am having the same problems.

Cheers
    Jangles

17. KD-did

KD-did

Use the camera icon....name the file PLUS add the extention (gif, png etc )that you want the export to be in.
    [​IMG]

18. jangles

jangles

Hi KD

If you follwo the thread, the problem is I get no popup dialog box to put in the filename and extension you mention. I experience the same quick flash up of the rendering message when I click the camear icon (and I don't click or press any buttons) but never get the dialogue pop up box.

Cheers
    Jangles

19. KD-did

KD-did

It is s-l-o-w to appear in my IMHO.

20. jangles

jangles

Thanks for responding again KD.

Define slow, 30 secs+ or whole minutes? I have tried uninstall and reinstall to no avail and its frustrating because the photo realistic module is the one I want to use most. I have no probs with the other modules, I can export and get a dialogue box to name and enter extension etc. Just this Photo module that is causing grief.

I notice that some of the other posters seem to have had it resolved with some update/updater (if I read it correctly?), is this available anywhere to download?

Thanks again for replying.

Cheers
    Jangles