Can't export logo images!!

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Richard farina, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Richard farina

Richard farina

Hello. I'm trying to export my logo as a transparent PNG file, but nothing happens. I'm using version 6.8. Please advise.

Rich Farina

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

what OS are you using?

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

users in the past have worked around this issue by exporting the image to your desktop, or a USB thumbdrive.

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Also remember, if you have a full size background image in your logo, you will not get a transparent background. You'll get it with the image. Make sure there is no background image. Just change the color of the background if you need to see your logo more clearly. The color will not be exported and you will be able to get a 'transparent' png.

5. perrydyse

perrydyse

I am having this same problem all of a sudden (v6.8). Except I can't export anything. No matter what I select (transparent, png, jpg) when I attempt to save, the "save as type" is set to "All Files". I attempt to give it an appropriate filename (i.e. filename.png) and it looks like it's saving but, when I go to the saved folder nothing is there. I can't find ANY way to change the file type from "all files" to something correct (png, jpg).

Right now my software is useless and I need this for my work. Any suggestions?

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Windows or MAC? Which version of Windows ( if Windows )?

You should not have to change the filetype.
    You should not have to put in the .png or .jpg

You should just be able to select a directory and type in a simple filename. ( no spaces in filename! )

First thing to check ( if on Windows ) is that you are running with ADMIN rights. Simply 'right-click' the startup icon and select 'Run as Administrator' and see if that corrects your problem.

Let us know and we'll see what else we can think of . . .

snginc likes this.
  7. Msca

Msca

@perrydyse for Windows7, first close the software, after that find the exe or shortcut, right click and select 'Properties', next go to 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom select 'Run this program as an administrator', after that click 'Apply' and 'OK'. This should solve the problem.

snginc likes this.
  8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hmmmm... Hi Msca.
    Interesting.

I'll give this a try myself.
    Haven't needed to do this in my testings. GREAT tip. I'll post this onto my FAQ

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I've been looking into this and from what I can tell loosing drag and drop functionality is typically due to two things on windows machines: A program turns it off by accident (Some reports of adobe related programs state this) Or there is an issue with UAC settings (User account control).

Some users (general windows users) fix it by: unplugging their external mouse, and plugging it back it. Others simply press the Esc key. Other users go as far as turning off UAC on their pc. Right now there does not appear to be one "solid, good to go solution" when talking about the lack of being able to drag and drop in basic Windows programs.

10. joshster

joshster

I am having the same issue Windows 7, tried all the above and not working. Except I can export to my desktop so that is a workaround.

I did recently add a user account to Windows, wonder if that's got something to do with it?

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Joshter, what exactly is the problem you are having? If you can export a logo to your desktop, you should be able to export anywhere. What have you tried, and where have you tried to export? What error if any do you get? Or does it act like it's exporting, but doesn't?

I'm asking because I work only on Win7, and have never had an issue. Wish we could figure this out as several users seem to be having problems that I just can't seem to duplicate. Let us know some specifics to your problem and we'll see if we can figure it out. The more information we can get ( screen shots if you can get them!) the better.

gcuneo2 likes this.
  12. Adrian Castro

Adrian Castro

After I upgraded to Version 6.8.11 - YouTube Channel Graphics Creator on Windows 7 - I started getting this problem of NOT being able to export any PNG, Transparent PNG, and JPG to the directory that I need the image to be. The software seems to go through the saving process but the file(s) are not there in the directory.

I was playing around with the other suggestions above and finally was able to export a Transparent PNG to the desktop - and no where else???

In Version 6.6 - this was not a problem at all. Can someone please fix this issue.

13. joshster

joshster

I'm having the same issue again..I can't export a transparent PNG version...
    Any ideas?

Do I have to use a specific drive or folder for it to work?
    Also I have v 6.8 is that the latest? I can't seem to login or find my receipt to get a new login...

14. joshster

joshster

I'm having the same issue again..I can't export a transparent PNG version...(same as AC above, seems to be working but doesn't actually do anything. Win 7 64bit, running as admin.
    Any ideas?

Do I have to use a specific drive or folder for it to work?
    Also I have v 6.8 is that the latest? I can't seem to login or find my receipt to get a new login...

EDIT: I have it working if I save to the default desktop...a little odd bit I guess it will do :)

15. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Things you can try ...

First, v6.8 is not ( quite ) the latest version. The Youtube Channel Graphics came with a slightly updated v6.8.11

Okay, make sure you run as administrator. Just because you are the 'admin' and only user of your windows computer, does not mean the program is running with admin rights. Try 'right-click' and select 'Run as Administrator' and see if you can save to another folder.

Are you trying to save to a folder that has a 'space' or 'special character' in the name? If so, try a simple folder name and see if you can save.

Right click the folder icon of where you cannot save. Select properties. Under the 'General' tab, make sure it is not set to 'read only'.
    Under security, make sure all permissions are set. Check the 'advanced' permissions too.

I'm not sure if you need to purchase the Youtube Graphics to get the v6.8.11 upgrade or not. You may want to submit a support request to Glenn and see if they offer an upgrade. He can also help you with your log in problems.

snginc likes this.
  16. KD-did

KD-did

"EDIT: I have it working if I save to the default desktop...a little odd bit I guess it will do :)"

I STRONGLY suggest making a backup copy of your TLC ASAP.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    snginc likes this.