Can't export at 300dpi? HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Lackman15, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Lackman15

Lackman15

I set the export resolution to 300dpi yet it keeps coming out at 72dpi. Can someone please help me? I want to print the logos I make yet they come out at to low a dpi. Help is greatly appreciated!

Also what is CMYK?

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

3. sereniti

sereniti

A few questions

Windows, or Mac?

What version of your OS? What are your other system specs - RAM, CPU, etc.?

What version of TLC?

Does this happen just with one particular format (.jpg, .gif?) or no matter what format you try?

I probably can't help troubleshoot this, but those who can will need that info. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

4. KD-did

KD-did

# Step 1: Create your logo
    # Step 2: Under the EXPORT menu, check "CMYK" (just select it. It'll toggle off and on).
    # Step 3: Under the EXPORT menu, select "Export Resolution". Set this to 300dpi
    # Step 4: Under the EXPORT menu, choose "Custom Export"
    # Step 5: Push the TIFF button, then push the EXPORT button. Export this logo to your desktop (or whereever you prefer) .

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Lackman.
    This doesn't sound good.

... what program are you using to determine that the exported logo ISN'T at 300dpi ?

Anybody else reading this post have a problem converting their logo to 300dpi? On my XP machine, all works well. On my Mac OSX, all works well.

However, on my little eMachine (now going on 3 years old) I can't export at 300dpi. Photoshop is telling me that it's still 72dpi!

In anycase Lackman, whatever software you're using to see the difference between the 72dpi, and 300dpi - can you get that software to convert the file instead? Just until I can fix whatever is going wrong.

... sigh. Back into the cave.

- Marc

6. Lackman15

Lackman15

Thanks for the response. I am using Photoshop 7 to determine the DPI. My machine is not an old comp so it would not have that problem. It's a P4 2Ghz. Either way, please let me know ASAP once you fix the problem.

Thanks!
    Logan

7. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Marc, I usually use both Paintshop Pro and Irfanview viewing under
    Image Information to determine what DPI is. I too have been wondering
    about TLC's output of various resolutions. I had tried various combnations
    of buttons but usually the result was the same so I am not entirely
    sure I was doing the correct combination myself.

I am going to do some further testing with Katie's directions up above
    to see if I come up with different results.

One question though to Marc specifically or anyone who might know
    regarding the following two options:

Use Default 1 - Ctrl E
    Use Default 2 - Ctrl F

....are those hard coded to be a specific DPI output or do they vary depending on a previous DPI combination used?? The reason I ask is because I have had the same output from both choices occur.

8. oflaherty

oflaherty

I bought the program last night for a specific project and I too have this problem. Any format I try to export to will show up in Photoshop 6 and Photoshop CS as 72dpi. Converting to 300 dpi within photoshop isnt an option as the 72dpi created image from Logo Creator is not suitable to simply change to 300dpi. The resultant image is just not acceptable for printing.

9. KD-did

KD-did

oflaherty, what version did you buy? Retail or as a download of the TLC site?

10. oflaherty

oflaherty

It was a download from the TLC site.

11. maryann

maryann

not that I want my logos in 300dpi, but I tried Katie's instructions.... and it changed the colors on my logo... was supposed to be varied shades of purple, but now all the colors are blue....

just a comment :rolleyes:

12. KD-did

KD-did

Mary Ann,When switching colors I try getting it light as possible when it is a dark and then go for color I want. Sometimes I have switch color pallets or try different colors totally to get the colors I want. If you are starting with "Standard" try metallic.

13. KD-did

KD-did

For those that are in need of a DPI converter while waiting for a fix that TLC users can use.. PM me an addy and I'll send it zipped.

14. KD-did

KD-did