Can't do Transparency with "Image in Text"

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by flutie, Dec 30, 2007.

1. flutie

flutie

Hello everyone, I am new to TLC, but am excited to use it. I have created a logo with an Image in Text. I've also used a Glass Pack Image in the logo. When I try to export the PNG with Transparency and open the file in Photoshop I see the whole picture that was supposed to be just in the text. I have attached the two files, can anyone offer advice. The image on the left is a screen grab from photoshop, and the right is from TLC. Please help!! :image10-1: Thanks

Attached Files:

• s1.jpg
      s1.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If I try to export as transparent png I get the same result. However saving as a jpg gives the result I think you are after.

A transparent .png export
    [​IMG]

A.jpg export
    [​IMG]

3. flutie

flutie

No Luck Still

When I save it as a JPeg it still has the white background... I want to eventally put it on several different background, hence why I am trying to get it transparent... Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

4. KD-did

KD-did

Just export your work with the inserted image as a regular png and then use your photoshop or other image editor to remove the unwanted background.
    The reason being that when choosing Tpngs or Tgif it removes the top layer.. the "mask" that blocks the rest of the image from showing and jpegs does not remove the mask.

5. flutie

flutie

Below the glass?

If I follow the advice below I still have the problem of the "transparency" below the glass is there any way to make it so that the glass is transparent?

thanks!

6. KD-did

KD-did

Try doing the inserted image portion first, export as .png and after ridding yourself of the background ... then import the prepared image back into TLC and then do the glass portion cutting the opacity to your desired level.

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

My advice would be to create just the text (with the backgrund image) export it as a jpg or png then start a new logo and import the text finaly add the glass and export everything as a transparent png. If this makes no sense (it is new years eve :D) let me know and I will make a tutorial

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

kd I just got one thing to say.....Snap (you type quicker than I do)