Cannot Save My Logos

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Mark Salmon, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mark Salmon

Mark Salmon

When I go to save my logos I get this message:
    File named Owner. PNG already exists. Please try again and use a different name.

I've created a video to demo the problem here:
    http://renegade.evsuite.com/logo-creator-problem/

Thanks in advance for your help

Mr Laughingbird likes this.
  2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there Mark!
    Wow! You caught the first bug of the new product :D (uh. Gee. thanks.) <--- kidding

Try saving the PNG to your desktop instead. I think you're trying to save it into the Documents folder which may give you hassles.

(and honestly, this is a great catch. We'll get this fixed)

And by the way, I love your Easy Video Suite image. I was on the fence with it, but I love the animated effect that was created.

Marc

KD-did likes this.
  3. Mark Salmon

Mark Salmon

No it won't save to the desktop - it is trying to save as a 'file'. Operating system is Windows 7 and the same happens if I try to save a transparent png. I don't think this is anything to do with the upgrade because it was doing this before the upgrade - I just didn't have time to sort it out so I was using Snagit to save the logo!!

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

1. Do you share your computer with anyone else who has their own log in and password? For example, you have your own login, and your wife has her own log in....

2. do you have more than one antivirus program running?

5. Mark Salmon

Mark Salmon

The answer is no to both questions. I am an experienced PC user - no other programme on my computer is doing this.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Have you tried re-installing Adobe Air/

7. firemansam

firemansam

I managed to solve this bug by clicking my computer and saving my logo in the shared documents folder :)

8. n2rga

n2rga

I have the exact same problem and I reinstalled Adobe air the program is un usable as it is now for me on win7

9. TimS

TimS

Hi
    I have the same problem. No matter what directory or name I choose to save the Logo it always saves to "C:/Documents and settings" and renames the file to my name eg tim.jpg or tim.png etc. This means that I get the same problem as Mark saying that the file already exists. Is here an option somewhere that is using these default settings? Thanks Tim Swainson

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What version of TLC? The way you are describing your problem you are EXPORTING a final logo.

There are no user settable options at this time to set up default save locations.

There are many different ways to save logos (Which are really TEMPLATES until exported) in version 6.6

11. n2rga

n2rga

Still looking for a fix for this. I'm using 6.6 and when I save it to C:\wamp\www\3alienswebhosting.com\banners it gives me the same error the option I picked was save as .png also happens if I pick save as .jpg