Cannot Save as .png or anything else

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Stephan Gruener, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Stephan Gruener

Stephan Gruener

Hi, after Update my Version to 6.6 its impossible to save newly created logos as png or other file types. also i cant save a new template image. the workaround "save to desktop" will not work for me. what can I do to resolve this issue ?

thanks for help

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try saving to the desktop then moving the file to your choice of location.

3. StarGazer

StarGazer

I'm having the same problem with saving my files. I should be able to save these files to any directory/ file folder I want. This issue needs to be fixed. Saving my files to the desk top and then re-saving them in a different location is not a long term solution.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Is there more than one user on your computer with their own unique log in?
    What os do you have?

5. StarGazer

StarGazer

No, I am the only user. I am using Windows 7.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

find this file: The Logo Creator.exe (it's 139kb), right mouse click on it, select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

7. BryanR

BryanR

I just bought software yesterday. I have tried everything recommended on this post and I still can't save.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Any chance you have any sort of "Speed up my pc" or "PCmatic" type thing running?

Trying saving to a usb thumb drive....

9. EM Schreck

EM Schreck

I'm also having this issue. Just purchased the software a few days ago. I've tried everything in this forum post, also have Windows 7... when I watch instructional videos, I'm told to use the Export menu, but I don't even have an Export menu. My menu consists of File, Edit, Options, and TLC Help.

Thanks in advance for your help. Having some buyer's remorse.

10. BryanR

BryanR

I don't have any of those programs on my computer, but I did try saving to a thumb drive and it worked. But why did it work and what do I need to do to be able to save to my computer?

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The thumb drive save was used a few months ago, and it worked for people, I don't recall right now why, but I will research it during my free time today and should be able to give you a better answer this after noon.

All the admins and moderators are volunteers-- sometimes it may take a day or two to get answer- but you will get one! I wrote a rather large company (rhyms with oft) back in 1993---I'm still waiting for an answer....

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

[
    There are two directions I'm looking into right now 1: Your antivirus program-- Any chance you are using a free version of AVG?

2. During windows update a while ago some "permissions" that are really "buried" in the OS got changed.

13. KD-did

KD-did

The save command is under "File" in the latest editions....no longer in the export menu.

14. StarGazer

StarGazer

Hi,

I did this. Program still won't save my files, or templates, anywhere. Also, now the program won't let me exit from the program. I have to start the Task Manager to stop the program from running every single time.

Thanks for your help.

15. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You are using the Shapes elements folder? If so, STOP!

Here is something I've never tried: Remote assistance. You send me an email (I gotta know when because the email will contain a time sensitive link), I take control of your computer remotely, that way I see really what's going on.....

An invitation file is a special type of Remote Assistance file that the person you want to get help from can use to connect to your computer.
    1. Open Remote Assistance by clicking the Start button [​IMG]. In the search box, type Remote Assistance, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Remote Assistance.
    2. Click Invite someone you trust to help you.
      If you've previously used Easy Connect, click Invite someone to help you in the contact list to display the options for using an invitation file.
    3. Do one of the following:
      ToDo this
      Create an invitation as a file
      Click Save this invitation as a file
      Send an invitation using your e‑mail program
      Click Use e‑mail to send an invitation
    4. Follow the instructions.

Let me know if you wanna go this route and I will give you my email address....

16. Rawben

Rawben

Did anyone get a fix on this?

I too am having issues. I still have the old version and the new 6.6. Same issue with both. I keep trying to save in ANY format and it's not working. I used the old version virtually pain-free and now...bummer. Originally, I didn't use the new 6.6 version even though I loaded it because I had this problem early on and just used the old one because I was busy, but now the old one is going it too.

Help!

PS: I have tried saving this using various file names to no avail!

Attached Files: