cannot open .tlc file

Discussion in 'General Support' started by KeytarTony, Sep 30, 2014.

1. KeytarTony

KeytarTony

Hi
    before you roll your eyes - I searched the forum, and I think I found hints, but I could not figure out exactly how to fix my issue. Perhaps someone can please help? I created several templates - a lot are showing up in 'My Templates' right within the program. However, when I select open templates from the FILE menu, everything that I want to open is gray'd out. Isn't the .tlc file the template? I have the .jpg of my files, but I cannot open the workable file. Here is a screen print so you can see the path. Thank you for your assistance - I LOVE this software!
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 11.06.43 AM.png

2. KD-did

KD-did

Launch TLC first and then the template from the template save you named file.

snginc likes this.
  3. KeytarTony

KeytarTony

Hi
    thanks for the reply - when I double click on the .tlc file (I assume thats what you mean by launch .tlc first?) I get this message: Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 11.50.23 AM.png

I know this must be user error, and I am missing something very basic, right?? THANKS!!

4. KeytarTony

KeytarTony

or, does your abbreviation mean, The Logo Creator ? If that is the case, it is launched, and the first screen print from above is the path I am selecting from the open template folder...
    thanks!!

5. KD-did

KD-did

The Logo Creator program first>>>>then template save file next.
    On my computers it is called Holding where templates are held.

6. KD-did

KD-did

TLC usually is the program and .tlc designate is template files. Launch by double clicking parrot icon or by "Opening" >>>then choose template set>>>>then your save file ..by name...that is where you will see your template saves. All from start up page.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    snginc likes this.
  7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I thought TLC stood for "Tasty Lickin' Chicken..." seriously though....

The tlc file tells the software how to put all the components of the logo together, including the text, PLEASE START PRETENDING THE TLC FILE DOES NOT EVEN EXIST!

Just like KD-DID said , you always open the program first!

The TLC file is not like a word document that you can choose what program to open it with.

When navigating to the folder of the logo you want to open (after opening the logo creator) you only need to delect the folder with that name then OK, no need to "go any deeper"....

snginc and KD-did like this.