Cannot open or save created templates

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by JD Stewart, Aug 24, 2015.

1. JD Stewart

JD Stewart

I have been using Logo creator version 6.8 for a while. Every once in a while I will get an error after editing a graphic that the template could not be saved. I have been ignoring this as a simple inconvenience. All of a sudden I can not open any of my saved templates expect for 2. When either one of those come up the error box "Unable to save temple files" immediately pops up.
    Running windows 10.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Have you changed the name of the file where templates are stored or changed the location of where it is stored?

3. JD Stewart

JD Stewart

Sometime back I did change the template directory according to the directions in the video tutorial on creating a logos to sell. () Everything work well until yesterday except for the occasional message where template files could not be saved.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Have you checked to make sure you have no stuck keys or num lock on?
    By chance did you make yourself a backup copy before the issues arose?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  5. JD Stewart

JD Stewart

I am on Windows 10. There does not appear to be a stuck key. No other application is having problems. I have a complete system back up.

6. KD-did

KD-did

I went from Win 7 to 10 without any issues.
    There are times where the quickest route to a solution is to back up each individual template and do a re-install of TLC.

7. JD Stewart

JD Stewart

Ahh the good old fashion windows solution. That seems to have worked Thanks

8. KD-did

KD-did

I guess your TLC inconvenience burp got ought of control with Win 10.Never know what will make a little wrinkle turn into a snakes nest. Glad that things have improved. With luck that little inconvenience might disappear .

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If it happens again, insure that you are running with Admin rights! Had another user, logged into Wim10 as admin, but did not have admin rights. Right-clicked startup icon and selected 'Run as Administrator' and his problems went away. Just sayin' ...
    :1whistle: