Cannot Open A Saved Logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by SALEXAN00, May 6, 2006.

1. SALEXAN00

SALEXAN00

:helpnow:

When I make a logo in Logo Creator v5, Corporate ed. and try to recall it at a later time using the file --> open logo feature it starts to open the logo as you would expect, however it never finishes nor does it remove the "Building logo, please wait" image.
    I initially thought this was a user error and so I tried to make an entirely different logo from scratch and had the same issue happen each time. This is unfortunate, especially when I spend money on a program that I expect to help my business.
    I really enjoy the proposed benefits of this program and so I hope that the creators can offer a fix as this is obviously a glitch. I do appreciate any info you all can offer.
    :cookiemon

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

It might be an idea for you to create a quick logo which you could upload as an attachment (I think attachments are allowed here) so others could try to load it and see if we can figure out what the problem is.

3. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

Usually, if the file is too big and/or if there are too many elements, it takes long for the program to open the file.

How long did you wait?

4. KD-did

KD-did

HiJacKingQueen is correct some of your files can take a long time to render because of their size and location of the file.I, myself usually save my TLC file to the desktop while working on it and then move the file.Also you might want to check your computer for spyware which can slow things down if you haven't done so recently.

5. SALEXAN00

SALEXAN00

To answer, I waited for a few hours for my logo to open as I too thought it could take a long time to load. However, this is not the case as when I came back to my computer after giving it ample time, the image still did not open nor did the "building logo please wait image" disappear.

Additionally, since I am trying to keep things simple, I have not included a lot of images which could possibly slow it down except for the normal text and a few graphics.
    Lastly, I do not have spyware on my computer so we can rule out that possibility as well.

I've attached a jpg of the issue for you all to review. I appreciate the assistance and hope to find a speedy resolution.

:rant:

6. SALEXAN00

SALEXAN00

Image included

Forgot to add image...
    What you see is the extent of what loads when I try to recall a saved logo. The graphics shown on the left are the extent of graphics I want to use, and the remainder is text which shouldn't be an issue (in my opinion). I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

KD-did

That is way, way too long. Have you tried again since a cold boot?You really might benefit from a fresh download after uninstalling.

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If you are running windows try loading a logo then pressing <Ctrl><Alt><Del> to see if there is a heavy load on your processor, sounds like either the logo creator has crashed or something is running in the background and hogging all your system resources.

9. SALEXAN00

SALEXAN00

Hi all...
    I was told to try and uninstall and then to reinstall the program and try again. This has helped and I have not experienced the same issues. I have no idea what might have caused this in the first place, however I was able to finish my logo and I am no longer experiencing the slow/won't open a saved logo issue again.
    Thanks all for your assistance

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

That is good to hear. Glad you are running again. Thanks for posting back about being taken care of.

11. abaldish

abaldish

Having the same problem here, even did a uninstall and reinstall and nope got the same problem here.
    won't even load it in safe mode also. tried everything and i just got this software like 4 days ago and working on a logo for a client and i can't even get it to load.
    also i have it running not and nothing in the background running.
    Just sitting there.

12. KD-did

KD-did

13. abaldish

abaldish

Ok did that did a uninstall deleted the dir's and all, downloaded again reinstall and still the same thing.
    P.S. worked on the logo last night saved it, loaded it up today to work on it, saved it again, then tried to reload it that is when this started happening.

14. KD-did

KD-did

You might want to check and make sure that the file association is set up.

15. abaldish

abaldish

it is so that is not the problem.

16. KD-did

KD-did

I have a friend who had similar problem after she downloaded SP2, and when she removed Windows SP2 from her computer the problem disappeared.

She opted to go with other security measures for anti-viral and firewall.

17. abaldish

abaldish

Sorry that is not a option to remove SP2, as the system i am using also runs a business.
    I mean the software is a great product. But i didn't purchase software to have flaws in it, like i said it worked fine upto that point, so i don't think it is a SP2 issue, as it worked fine till that point.

Now i have to contact the company i was working on a logo for, and tell them i have to place it on a backburner for now. I only want to know why the software is not working 100%.

P.S. this computer that it is on is a custom build system. I build systems and have been for the last 15yrs and i know it is not a flaw in the system or any software that is loaded on it. As far as saying it could be SP2 that is like saying well the software will not work with SP2 and where is there a disclaimer stating that?

18. KD-did

KD-did

Computers are as individual as people...and there are going to be problems with some computers at some point. Any update in an OS can have problems unforseem by the developers. It happens all the time.

TLC is very stable but if uninstalling the software, getting a fresh download and installing it doesn't fix a problem you might want to think along the lines of getting a fresh download on another computer, burning a CD and installing from the CD.

All I have done is tell tell what worked for someone who had a similar problem. A very intesting read

http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117434,00.asp

19. abaldish

abaldish

Well didn't get to goto that link above. But think i may have found the problem. Users a tip on this one, After trying to load this image i was working on i gave up. so i redid another one the same way and it works fine, but think i might have found the bug, If you click on save as instead of save template i think that is where the problem sits. i was doing one after another and useing the save template. and every time it loads with no problems. so no idea so just redid the project i was working on. now back on track.
    Thanks

20. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

all is well that ends well..

:boydance: