Cannot export after upgrade

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Updates' started by faxboys, Aug 4, 2016.

1. faxboys

faxboys

I just upgraded to 7.2.1 and now i cannot export to any format... Error message Cannot export an image inside a template directory. Please choose a different location. after upgrade i did select the option to transfer files to new program.

I have tried moving the original file to a new location and exporting to a different location---still a no go. after i get the error message File..Edit...Option..Help are greyed out. i have to select another template and then reload the one i am working on to continue any work.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Make sure you are running the program as ADMIN.

snginc likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Just make a folder on your desktop and export to that. Also make a backup copy of your laughingbird document folder- then uninstall everything, then install just the update to 7.2.1---then all your add on sets--- sometimes you just have to do some housekeeping. When I uninstalled everything (all add on sets, and about 10GB of custom images) I reinstalled everything in less than 20 minutes- I have backups of backups--multiple copies of everything.

"I have tried moving the original file to a new location" DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

When I hear of a user moving stuff around i always let out a *sigh*... invariably (particularly with new users) they muck it up somehow. Inspite of being told "it's ok, I know my way around computers" they simply don't. I'm not saying that's the case here, however, it is the case with the overwhelming majority of users that encounter such issues. I base that statement on handling over 10,000 support requests over the past 2 years.

Now folks like kd-did and my self (together we have close to 30 years of experience with the software) move stuff all over the place-- we actually know what we're doing.

snginc and KD-did like this.