can you make 160x600 banners?

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by skells, Feb 16, 2008.

1. skells

skells

Hi,
    I want to make a 160x600 tower banner, can ad creator do this size?
    thanks
    steve

2. KD-did

KD-did

The program itself can not do what my understanding of what a tower banner is which is a printed format but you should be able to export into a format that could be vectorized and then you can make it as large as you want without loss of resolution.

3. Mondray

Mondray

"Should be able to...."

A tower banner is similar to a regular banner except that, instead of running across a page, it runs down the page. Tall rather than wide. They are becoming more common on the net, I believe, especially for banner exchanges.

Could you be more specific about "should be able to...." What format(s) are we talking about exporting to.

How would you format such and ad in "Creator?" Just make sure everything is positioned to one side of the "canvas?" Try to determine the relative dimensions by eyeballing?

Would the vectorized ad be animated? If so, I would say this gives the program a lot of potential heretofore unknown.

4. Mondray

Mondray

"Should be able to...."

sorry for a double post. I'd delete this if I could

5. OldenGray

OldenGray

You can always do it in pieces. For the sake of an easy example you could create the tower banner in something like MS Publisher; do the images in Logo Creator and import them into your banner. Just place the *.png, *.jpeg or *.gif images where you want, "select all" and "save as a picture." Then when you write the code for your html page, just place the banner. Make sure the hexadecimal background color (in the banner) and the background color(s) in your image match so that it will appear seamless.
    Olden

P.S. Logo Creator is great for doing ad headlines, not just logos. You can vary size of words, character spacing, placement, color, etc.