Can someone help me PLEASE....

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by GeriG, Mar 26, 2006.

1. GeriG

GeriG

:Bob: Hi My name is Geri and I just bought the Flash ad creator program yesterday afternoon and created a couple of ads already. I have a couple of questions for you here.
    1. How can I create sound or music to these ads?

2. If I don't want to make a website and I just want to send these ads that I create to someones E-mail how do I go ahead and send them so, people can actually open and view these ads? I have sent these ads to a couple of people and they say to me that they can't open the file. Please instruct me here on what i need to do to be able to send these great looking ads to other people's e-mail addresses. Please let me know ASAP thanks...

2. snoods

snoods

Hello Geri, Hope you are enjoying your new ad creator, I'm not, sound can't be added. You can't send a single file for viewing.

Everyone is patiently waiting for version 2 of this software. Lets hope it's worth the wait as the current version is next to useless for anything but basic
    pre made ads.

Users have very little ability to customise thier ads in this version, version 2 is supposed to cover the problems with needing an asset folder and has the ability to change fonts, text size and the ability to save your file as a single swf file.

Fingers crossed V2 is ready soon.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Snoods...

Give me your wish list for The Flash Ad Creator. I need more feedback.

I'd like to hear what features (aside from the 'stand alone' .swf output) that you'd like to have included.

(anybody else reading this as well!)

- Marc

4. GeriG

GeriG

I'm TICKED!

:rant: Alright Now I am TICKED! I just found out that I can't do much with this stupid Flash Ad Creator!!!! What am I supposed to do now? I think the programmer of this Flash Ad should just give away the 2nd version for free! I and a bunch of others who have wasted our hard earned money by buying this 1st program which is a bunch of nothing should really get the 2nd version for FREE... That is just not FAIR to us just taking money from us by promoting the program which sounded real good on the box! So Mr. Programmer I hope you will take this e-mail under lots of consideration and give us the 2nd version for free...
    Sincerely,
    Geri Gerstner

5. KD-did

KD-did

GeriG, I have used 3rd party software to grab the flash ads and make them into gifs for posting on boards and sending samples by email....and even with sound.
    I use my screen capture program ( Capture Wiz)to capture the application running ..and then to take SWF files and made them into .AVI files :)

and then I opened with my Jasc Animation shop and was able to make it a gif.....it isn't much but I am happy that I found a way to get things in a common format.

You have a perfect opportunity to suggest to Marc about broadening the use of the product.Just how many software developers have ever asked your opinion?

6. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Geri.

What makes you think you can't DO anything with The Flash Ad Creator? ... and why so angry?

The Flash Ad Creator makes animated Ads! Easy! You simply type in some text to change, and export it.

What were you expecting (from reading the box)... and what didn't the software do that you wanted it to do?

I'm getting some angry feedback in this thread, but nothing concrete that will help me help you!

Sometimes I get angry feedback about The Logo Creator. Some users get VERY angry and upset that they're unable to create a logo from a blank page (which, by the way you can)! They yell and scream at me. ... a blank page? Buy Photoshop or use the Windows Paint program.

Laughingbird Software is template based software. You pick a template you'd like to modify and customize. Then modify and customize it! The Flash Ad Creator does this very well.

Tell me what you wanted the software to do and what you were not able to create with it? I really want to know!

- Marc

7. GeriG

GeriG

To Marc the Programmer...

Marc, Thanks for your responce. What I really wanted was a program that I can create flash ads and be able to send them in an e-mail to people or send them through an Instant message if the person asks to see the flash ad of course. With the program that you made "Flash Ad Creator" I cannot do these tasks. Can you please make this available for your 2nd edition and since I have wasted my money as well as for others too have waisted their hard earned money to just give your second edition away to those who bought the first one... I really want to get my flash ads out there to people so, I can build my business and I can't even send these ads out to people through e-mail. So, when will the next program be comming out here?
    Geri:rant:

8. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Geri.

Thanks for the post.

Interesting...
    That's the reason you're so upset and angry? You can't send the ad via eMail? (which, by the way, you can! Attach the .swf file and the 'assets' folder that contains your changes - zip them both together and eMail it. The end user can then simply double click the .swf file and see the Ad you've created).

... the Flash Ad Creator box (the retail box) doesn't mention that you can send the Ad through eMail or IM. It does say you can create an Ad and upload it to your website.

I do understand - but I'm not sure you should be screaming and jumping up and down yelling in the forum that The Flash Ad Creator is 'stupid' and demanding you get version 2.0 for free.

( And incedently, I've always had the intention of providing v2.0 free to current users. )

This is like buying a Coffee maker and screaming at the manufacturing company (calling the coffee maker studid) because you can't get it to ALSO cook your toast!

However, I do see your wants and needs.
    We're working on a few things.

Perhaps, I'll have The Flash Ad Creator make toast too!
    (wait! I'm kidding. DON'T put bread into your computer!)

- Marc

9. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

Hey All!

Not to burst any one's bubbles'!! I too, was a bit un-nerved about these programs at first site. I bit my lip, and played around with ALL of them. I was upset (most of the time) that these programs, that I paid for, didn't produce. Well.......................after biting through my lip, on more than one occasion, I figured it out *wink*; I needed to READ the tutorials before I jumped in to these programs head first. It really helps to know "what buttons to push", and know what is expected when they are pushed. I thought I was over that old habbit, but I guess we are just so darn happy to get this package and open it. The moral to this story is "READ....READ....READ", and you will be amazed at what these programs have to offer!

I like apple butter on my toast!!!

carry on!

Bill

10. blackknight

blackknight

This software was foreign to me as well at some time but then again, all software was foreign to me about 3 years ago. I was really computer illiterate. I know the difference now of what is simple or not and TLC is really simple to use. Just try to learn photoshop! I guess the thing that helped me out was my curiousity. I saw the sample logos and said "I can do that" and with patience I started creating. After awhile, I stopped using the templates and created my own templates. This software WILL do what you want to do. The biggest thing about getting thru your frustration is to just ask. We are all more than willing to help. Hollering and screaming before anyone has a chance to address your concerns is not the way. Many have had similiar concerns over a problem they were having andI can testify that no one is more willing to help than Marc or anyone in this forum. We are in the same boat and if we row in the same direction we will get there faster. I personally don't use the flash creator often but I have tried it out and the program has performed like it was supposed to. Just like TLC, which is a template program, there really is no limits to what it and your imagination can do. It doesn't do coffee or toast.

11. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Marc,

I've been using your software for a few years now very happily and have introduced it to a group of wonderful people. I waited to get Flash Ad Creator because you mentioned an update was coming soon. I can't speak to the issues raised here, but since one of my peers bought it and used it to create flash for several other members, I know that he talked about not being able to resize photos or text. If this is true, then for the creativity in us, a little more flexibility and the ability to make some changes within the template would be nice.

I'll wait for the update. I've never been disappointed in the products you offer, and I can always count on very competitive pricing.