Can someone change this colour for me? ARRGH!

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hey all, I was thinking of trying to make a T-Shirt with my jiu-jitsu logo on it. However, it's white (or transparent) and I want it to look good on a black T-Shirt. So I guess it has to be changed around quite a bit.... that won't show up on a black shirt due to all the black in it already...

Can someone make this look? ... I'll send ya a shirt if we get to this step. Anyone know anything about silkscreening?

Thanks!

I uploaded the one with the white background (jpg) if you want the transparent png it's on Acton Jiu-Jitsu

Attached Files:

2. Skitzo

Skitzo

Also, on the website the logo looks fine in firefox - but in explorer the transparentcy is all blue. Anyone know why?

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Heyo Skitzo!

The logo looks great for me on any browser I look at it with.
    Mac and Windows. Vista and XP. Firefox and IE.

What version of IE are you looking at it with?
    And, what are your monitor color settings set at? High... or "true" color?

Anybody else see the 'blue' image in your Internet Explorer!?

- Marc

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

looks ok from my end
    look at it in Firefox and ie

5. Skitzo

Skitzo

I have no idea as to why it did that.... I went in and changed the graphic to a transparent .gif instead of a .png and the blue window vanished.

Now I need to figure out how to get that logo to look god on a black T-shirt.

6. Mr Laughingbird

AhHa!
    A PNG file. ... that's why.

I shoulda known. :image10-1:

Earlier browsers can't read PNG files correctly. What version of IE are you running Skitz? Firefox and other Mozilla browsers (and all Mac browsers except IE for Mac) can read PNG images fine.

Your signature cartoon cracks me up every time I see it.

7. Skitzo

Skitzo

It's weird, I've had had troubles with the browser. I made the site at home and then when I went to work to check it - it had that damn blue box. Now I know. I'm running XP-64 here and it comes with IExplorer v.7.0.5 - it SUCKS!! I can't see ANY flash animations with it. I update Java -nothing; I download the plug ins - nothing; I manually download the flash player - still nothing. I hate making websites so they fit Explorer!

Anyhow, can anyone change that logo around to look good on a black T-Shirt. ie a negative image type thing?

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I'd try completely removing IE7 and redownloading. It does very well for me and I have none of the problems you mention.

9. Mr Laughingbird

Maybe your little animated computer guy slammed his head on the keyboard too hard and broke the browser.

... I love that little guy.

10. Skitzo

Skitzo

Ya.. I like his "Blook on the Keybord" - Hey athat would be a good name for a band.

Anyhow, I guess no one knows an easy way to turn that logo into something which will show up on a black T-shirt eh?

Thanks anyhow

11. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

why don't you sit the logo on a grey background and add you tag line to the Grey area !!!!!!

12. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

i have looked at your image and it is very pixalated with coloured spots

so what about this i have just done
    i can transfer it into what format you require
    [​IMG]

13. Skitzo

Skitzo

That's not bad but the graphic I showed you is the one that is already on the letterhead. The way it is I can put it on a white T-shirt; but it can't go on a black t-shirt (grey is even more expensive). So the black lettering and lines need to be turned to white - I tried a negative image for those area but it didn't work.

14. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I've always had good luck with just taking a very good printing of my stuff to my local t-shirt shop. They have always been able to scan it, place it in their software and produce a good, quality t-shirt. They even give me a cd with different formats of the image on it. (After I asked for it.)

15. sdstudio

sdstudio

Hi,

Here it is in BG black png :) if you use Adobe Photoshop i have the psd file :)

PS couldnt figure out your (Martial Arts) font so i have added mine :)

Cheers,
    SD

Attached Files:

16. sofalogic

sofalogic

Here is my first.

I took a shot at it. I will work on the colors later. this is a .png. Is there a format your prefer? Well hold on the file didnt upload due to size.

Attached Files:

17. WendSong

WendSong

I think the logo looks fine and will look good on a black t-shirt as it is. Set the black to transparent, so the black won't print on the shirt. Print it out on iron-on paper and iron it onto a 100% cotton shirt and see how it looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.