can not save a template inside another template folder

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by n2rga, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n2rga

n2rga

I tried to search here for the error but couldn't find it.
    Got that error trying to save as a template into the my template folder here's the video of it

Saving it other places then copying it into the my templates folder is what I have been doing and it's getting time consuming and unproductive if you have a lot of templates to make.
    thanks
    mitch

2. KD-did

KD-did

Have you made a "temporary" holding file to save your templates to and move all at one time? Choose "save as template" then click save as and your temporary holding local. Open, Select all and paste into your final template folder.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 11.08.43 AM.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    snginc likes this.
  3. n2rga

n2rga

Yes Again Doing two actions for one outcome.
    I guess what you are saying it is not a bug it is by design without saying it and giving me a work around
    It is these little things that add up that really Bug me and I'm sure other people also.
    If I din't love the software would have switched long time again.
    thank You

4. snginc

snginc

Why are you saving in other places and copying it to the my templates folder? Whenever you close a project and are asked to save or dont save it will (by default) be saved in the my templates folder.

I watched your video and I understand why you are getting that error message. You cant save to the my templates folder in the way you tried to do. BUT if you close the project you are working on you will get a window that comes up asking whether you want to save the project. When you put a name in the box that comes up and click save it will save in the my templates folder.

gunsmoke likes this.
  5. n2rga

n2rga

I opened Creator to make a new logo using the template I already had. Then I clicked save as so not to mess up the original one.
    But if I open from another directory not in my templates it will save into my templates ok.
    Why can't the program be designed to be able to be saved into the same my templates as it was taken out as long as its a different name?

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, it should work if you have your permissions set correct. It works for me. Might want to open a support ticket for Glenn and let him and Marc work on this. Here is a quick down and dirty video I made showing that it is suppose to work, and does for me. Make sure in your support topic to mention what version of TC you are using, your operating system and version and any other software you may have had running. The more information you give them, the better chance of finding a solution.

Mr Laughingbird and snginc like this.
  7. n2rga

n2rga

Thanks GunSmoke good points.
    I'm using the latest The Creator 7.3.2
    Windows 10 latest (Anniversary Patch)
    I will open the ticket now
    Going to reboot the computer and try again first.
    as far as permissions in the Logo Libraries it's all allow under security Permissions

8. n2rga

n2rga

So what you are saying is GunSmoke has a bug in his setup because he can do it.
    and I'm not confused tired of you always making remarks like this
    I done with this software and way I get treated and the little comments
    Don't bother answering

9. KD-did

KD-did

Without ANY collaborating post and an inability to get your results the "bug" seems isolated to your computer and your saving habits.

snginc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.