Can not activate TLC 5

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by MT@lilly, Apr 23, 2008.

1. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

On the activation window that appears after first opening the program, I am unable to activate. I am told my unlock key is invalid. This happens instantly after pressing the submit button, like nothing has happened at all.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Did you use uppercase letters when you entered the 8 digit key? Being the program is case sensitive you can get an invalid message.

The other issue can be caused by some Zip programs. There are only 2 programs that are recommended for the unzipping of a download and that is the latest FREE version of Stuffitit Expander or Winzip.

3. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

Yes, I tried both upper and lower case letters. WinZip was used for the extraction.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Have you done a cold reboot? For some machines it is necessary (my computer is one) that I always have to do a cold reboot on. LBS always uses uppercase letters. Perhaps something went wrong during the download that damaged or deleted a file so a fresh installation would be in order.Check and make sure you have the latest version of Winzip. Uninstall TLC and remove the TLC 5 folder under "program files." As you will not benefit from a fresh download if you don't remove the folder, TLC won't overwrite .

If you need to get a fresh download it is a good idea to turn off any accelerators before starting the download.

5. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

I have done the reboot and my WinZip is current. I did try installing from the backup disk that was ordered. With this installation I do not get an Invalid Key display. Instead when I click the "Submit Key" button it just sits there. I assume this is not what is supposed to happen.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Hmmmm that is strange if you inserted the key and click summit key you should be to go when it the unpacking of the templates is completed which is quick but not instant. Try closing the program, cold reboot and see if TLC won't open for you.

7. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

With the activation window still up, I closed the program and rebooted. After the reboot I opened the program and the activation window did not appear. How do I tell if it is activated and running as the full version?

8. KD-did

KD-did

Simply click on the left hand side where it says "Select a Logo Set" and you should see you purchased logo edition/s.

9. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

Before I submitted the key (Register your software window is still up) all of the editions are shown over there. Also, I can go through them and create logos. Basically, there is no difference between the before and after. Is there any other way to tell if the software is fully active?

10. KD-did

KD-did

If you have registered or not you should or can close the registration screen. You can register at any time just by going to "Web Help".

I am not understanding what you mean by "there is no difference between the before and after" . The logos should be fully editable...moving elements, changing elements, text and etc.
    You can start with a clean canvas click on the "text" tab or "image" tab and start building a logo from scratch.

11. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

I understand you can close the registration window. Registration has no effect on the program. I am trying to unlock the program, or actually trying to figure out the difference between unlocked and locked.

The only difference I can tell is that the unlock window does not appear when you first open the program (I have code or Buy Code options). This doesn’t seem right. Content accessibility is the same before and after unlocking (If I have even unlocked it?). All of the logos are fully editable.

I just tried removing the program entirely and reinstalling, and I received the same results. I put in the unlock code, click “Submit Key”, and nothing happens. I waited 20 minutes, and it just sits there. No windows close or change at all. Then I go to FileàExit. Open the program back up and the unlock window does not appear now. As I said though, there was no indication my program has been unlocked, and there is nothing different about the program after the fact.

12. MT@lilly

MT@lilly

This is the Mega Pak, if it makes an difference.

13. KD-did

KD-did

I don't recall a message appearing that program is unlocked after key is inserted. You should simply be able to move to the left, click to choose a logo set , The Mega Pack will appear by the individual themes. After choosing and clicking on a "set" the templates appear and you can start enjoying the program.