Can I use a video file to create a logo ?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by ruz26, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ruz26

ruz26

Hi, just became a member of this forum half an hour ago... was wondering if I can create a logo in Logo Creator using an mpg video as background instead of a static jpg file... if so, how does one go about it..
    Thanks.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Not do-able at this time ,however, why not build and export your logo as a transparant .png and with third party software accomplish your goal?

3. ruz26

ruz26

Thank You.. I think I'll give it a try... but not sure which third party software to use...one that permits the use of layers,I guess.. Any suggestions ?

4. KD-did

KD-did

I see that you are a PC user but I am not sure what you have in mind as your goal.

5. ruz26

ruz26

I am using Windows XP SP3 and I make DVDs for home use, using still images and creating slideshows from them. For the title slides instead of using still images I would like to use a motion background and was wondering if I could use TLC for creating title slides.

6. KD-did

KD-did

TLC should be good for preparation and assembling images and/or text because you would be able to layer them easily and export as a customized image for use with any 3rd party software/s that allows importing of transparent file formats (.gif or .png) .

7. latoya76

latoya76

can you please tell me how i can make my logo animated?

8. 3DS

3DS

Hi ruz26, yes you can do all the things you want to in Adobe After Effects, and also Adobe Premiere. I'm sure there are others but those are what I have and used industry wide.

You basically need to "composite" it with other layers in a movie editing software.

If you don't have access to these applications, why not use your Windows Movie Maker? It's one of your programs on your pc factory installed. Easy to use, very intuative, short learning curve....and....there are also some cool extra bonus packs free to download on the Microsoft site. Includes titles, music, sound efx and more extras to add to your Movie Maker projects! Look for Windows XP Creativity Fun Pack for Windows Movie Maker 2 and any other free goodies you can find there.

Hope this helps.