can i set max kb size when saving?

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by regroce, Sep 29, 2014.

1. regroce

regroce

I have a motion ad for placement on websites, but I need to have a static/non-motion of the final template, too, and it can only be of maximum 40kb. When I make w/ Logo Creator and save as jpeg/high res, it comes out 66 kb. When i try to save it as medium res, it's only 19kb --- but it's blurry.

Also having problem with keeping letters of the same word in alignment. Some are higher , some lower, than the letters next to each other. *I've read on this thread that some fonts do this.. BUT it's only doing it occasionally.* Some words in the same font and same letters look just fine - all even and on the same plane - others, though (usually the latter-added ones) appear wiggly. (This also happens when reducing the size of words, and in almost all fonts I've used)

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

All fonts are not created equal. Trial and error is really the only way to know for sure what you are going to get. Try and use 'web safe' fonts if possible. Try to use .ttf ( true type fonts ) if possible. But even so, some may look better than others.

How are you changing the resolution from 'high res' to 'low res' ?

What I do is create the graphic in TLC, then use Photoscape ( http://photoscape.org ) to resize it.
    You could also use a free utility from CoffeeCup Software to 'optimize for the web' which will reduce it's size...
    http://www.coffeecup.com/free-web-image-studio/

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  3. regroce

regroce

"How are you changing the resolution from 'high res' to 'low res' ?"

When exporting, there are options to save as jpeg in high resolution, medium resolution, and low resolution. When I save it in high resolution (it's a 300 x 250), it comes out to 66 kb. The publisher says it has to be maximum of 40 kb, though. When I save it in medium, it's only 19 --- but is blurry/rippled.

This is all for a motion (swf) ad I've made for posting on a news site. The site can take the swf, but insists I have to also submit one frame in static (non-motion) format. This is a political ad, though, and requires a 'paid for by' disclaimer at some point. For the static format, I need to readjust the frame that has the tagline by adding that "paid for" - and that's what I'm trying to do right now w/ Logo Creator.

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I would export as high res PNG and then use photoscape to convert to a lower res jpg. Should work a lot better.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I don't get any option on resolution. If I export as a jpg then I just enter a filename and it saves. No options. Makes me wonder what version of TLC you are using?

Here's quick test I did ...
    This is an original image at 300x250 saved as a png ( 108.3 kb )
    test1.PNG
    This is the same image as a jpg ( 89.3 kb )
    test1.JPG
    Same image as a lower res jpg ( 19.1 kb ) reduced with photoscape
    test1a.JPG
    Same image as a lower res jpg ( 29.9 kb ) reduced with CoffeeCup Web Image Studio
    test1c.jpg
    Which one looks better to you ? With Photoscape you can select how low a res you want to use. I just went to 92% and it came out to 19.1
    Could easily have used a little higher res to get a better picture and still been under you 40kb limit.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Sometimes when viewing "exports or saves" that aren't viewed at 100 % there can be appear to be rough edges on fonts and images that aren't really there. A miss-alignments of text lines

7. KD-did

KD-did

You might explore screen shot saves.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The customer is using, sit down now, VERSION 3.0 OF THE LOGO CREATOR!:high five:

snginc likes this.
  9. KD-did

KD-did

I have V3 Logo elements on board V3 elements.png

gcuneo2 likes this.
  10. snginc

snginc

:eek: