Can I Add A Template To My NON-Working Directory?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by GainFinancialFreedomorg, Oct 10, 2015.

1. GainFinancialFreedomorg

GainFinancialFreedomorg

Hi TLC Members:

I'm trying to add a template into a directory/folder that is NOT my working directory. So, I create my version of a template and it saves in my current WORKING directory/folder. Then, I use Windows Explorer to get into my working directory, cut and paste it into an older directory/folder that is in the "Logo Libraries" folder.

BUT, when I launch TLC and look in the "Select a Template Set" drop down box in the lower left and select the directory/folder I put it in, it's not there.

Is there any way to add more templates to a NON-working directory/folder?

Thanks, and I hope I made sense.
    Charlie

2. KD-did

KD-did

The file you set up to save to when you launch your V6.8 is where templates should be. Don't save to the Logo Library file.
    You can open your file from that location.When you open TLC look for the save location should appear in the Select a Template File. ......

3. KD-did

KD-did

Picture 1.png Picture 2.png

Attached Files:

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If that sounded confusing, see if you can follow this. It's what I do all the time.

If you want to create your own 'working' folders, and not mess with your 'real' working folder. Then navigate to your Logo Libraries folder. Mine is at \My Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries\

There, create your own folder that you wish to use. I have one for each client that I create logos for!
    \My Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries\Client1\

Next time you open TLC and look lower left where it says to 'Select a template set', that directory WILL NOT be shown because it is empty! An empty folder will not show up.

So, open a logo template and modify it however you wish. Then select File\Save a version to save that logo.
    Navigate to the '\client1' folder ( or whatever you named it ) and save your logo.

Exit TLC. Re-open TLC and you should now see that folder listed on the left under 'Select a template set', and that logo will be shown there and may be selected.

This works great! If you need any more information just post back and we'll try and get you fixed up!

snginc and KD-did like this.
  5. GainFinancialFreedomorg

GainFinancialFreedomorg

Hey, thanks "KD-did" and "gunsmoke." I did the gunsmoke "Save a version" method and it worked! Thanks for both of your help! -C

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Glad it worked out! Let us know if you need anything more.
    :big banana: