buying question

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by jryan61, Apr 7, 2007.

1. jryan61

jryan61

Hello,

I'm interested in buying this software, but I'm concerned about it working correctly in Internet Explorer as the embed coding no longer works in IE. Any issue with running your flash in IE?

Thanks,
    John

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

John - I don't use FAC alot, but what do you mean by the embed coding no longer works in IE? I've only created a few sample ads to try and recreate problems that some visitors have had and I've been unable to recreate any of the problems. My sample ads have worked fine. I'm starting to think most issues are issues with OS's not being updated.

3. jryan61

jryan61

Hi Digger,

Microsoft lost a lawsuit due to copyright infringement that affected the embed code used to embed flash and other media into IE. The new IE browser version 7 no longer runs flash with the simple embed code. It requires java script to play now. I've had a lot of problems getting the java code to work on a client's site and I wanted to know if anyone has had similar issues using Flash Ad Creator.

John

4. Humphrey

Humphrey

Impossible to buy

Hi,

I was on my way to buy this Flash Ad Creator but found it is impossible to purchase it from the website. Must enter a US zipcode. But I live in Europe. I have sent mail to supportsite and some "Marc" asking for help but no one wants to answer me.
    Maybe it´s not possible to buy this product anymore because the Flash Ad Creator doesn´t work? Due to the fact that IE7 no longer runs flash with the simple embed code, described by John here??

Or is it any other reason why it´s impossible to purchase this product (outside US?)?

//Humphrey

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Humphrey - let's try to see if we can get it figured out for you.

Did you change the country drop down to your location and then place your postal code in?

BTW - this product is working just fine in IE7. Just a few days ago, I spent a whole 3 minutes to create a test ad and uploaded and it viewed fine.

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Humphry like Digger I have not used Flash Ad much, however I did make a test ad with it - see Graphics Junction
    It displays fine in IE7

The code I added to my html file is shown below

Code:
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Untitled WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="My_Ad.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=False>
    <EMBED src="My_Ad.swf" loop=false quality=high 
    WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" 
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

7. Humphrey

Humphrey

Hi digger and doc.

Yes of course I changed my country to the correct one and also change the state to the Non US selection. Made a new try now and yet again got stopped by the sign saying that the zip code need to be in the US 3 digit formate, or if I leave it emty it says that a correct US ZipCode is needed.

So, atleast it wasn´t impossible to buy due to a non working product. That´s good. Thanks doc for the information about the code you used. If it ever will be possible to buy this product outside the US it might come in handy...

Any suggestions how to overcome this problem? Maybe a fake US ZipCode? First time I´m stopped by this problem on a commercial site.
    Thanks for your interest in my buying problem.

//Humphrey

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I've asked Marc to drop in on this thread.

9. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Humphrey.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
    I use DigitalRiver.com for my eCommerce. They usually handle this sort of issue.

See a PM from me.
    I'll see if I can hook you up correctly.

- Marc

10. Humphrey

Humphrey

Hi Marc and digger2125.

Thanks for helping me out! Now I´m testing this nice Flash Ad Creator and it´s so fun to work with! I must get back and try out som more stuff at once...

Thanks for your effort in helping me solve the problem, really appreciate it!

//Humphrey

11. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Glad we got it working for you!